The Relatives as Parents Program (RAPP) of Children’s Aid Society provides assistance to grandparents and relatives who have become the primary caregiver for their children’s children or another relative.
The program includes a support group that offers a social network of grandparents and relatives that meets the third Monday of every month from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. at Children’s Aid Society.
Child care is available and dinner is provided. In addition to receiving and providing support, families gather information about community resources and learn helpful tips and tools.
Upcoming Support Group Meetings:
- July 20 – Bobbie McBurney-Johnson, M.A., on PALS Support Group, Family Recovery and the Caregiver Support Program
- 17 – Mary Mike Sayers, Clearfield Area School District, Question & Answer Session
- 21 – David Delvaux, Clarion Psychiatric Center, ADHD
- 19 – CORE Teen: Relationship Development
- 16 – Autumn Bloom, LCSW, Trauma and How It Affects Children
- 21 – Holiday Celebration
For more information, call Shannon at 814-765-2686, Ext. 205, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.