State police at Punxsutawney
- State police received a report about an assault Monday on Kitchen Lane in Chest Township. During the incident, a 26-year-old LaJose woman allegedly struck a 28-year-old LaJose man in the right eye, causing a bruise with a small, superficial scratch. She was arrested for simple assault and taken to the Clearfield County Jail. The man was charged with summary harassment through the district court.
State police at Rockview
- State police reported a drug violation occurred Tuesday at Snappy’s Convenience Store in Milesburg Borough, Centre County. According to state police, contact was made with a 39-year-old Morrisdale man inside the store. Upon further investigation, he was allegedly found in possession of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- While on routine patrol, police located a large box truck in the ditch along state Route 879. According to the report, the driver swerved off the roadway in an attempt to miss two deer that entered into the path of his vehicle. The truck was pulled out of the ditch and driven from the scene.
- Police responded to a reported psychological emergency at a Daisy Street residence. Upon arrival, a female requested transport to Penn Highlands Clearfield for a mental health evaluation.
- Police responded to a noise complaint in the area of East Locust and North Fourth streets. Upon arrival on-scene, it was found that a male and female were engaged in a verbal argument. Both were subsequently warned for their actions.
- Police responded to a residence on North Fourth Street where contact was made with a female with an active warrant through the department. Police say she was able to satisfy the warrant on-scene.
- Police responded to the area of Ogden Avenue and South Sixth Street where a large tree had fallen during a severe thunderstorm. Police say the tree was lying on power lines and over Ogden Avenue. The Clearfield Fire Department arrived on-scene to cut up and remove the tree.
- Police received a report from Swisher Concrete Products Inc. about a bad check. According to police, a 45-year-old Irvona man was notified his check was returned due to insufficient funds, but he neglected to respond to his notice. Charges were subsequently filed against the man.
- Police were assisted by emergency personnel with an extremely combative mental health patient on Center Street.
- Police were contacted concerning a loud noise along South Street.
- Police responded to a reported disorderly incident on Center Street, and it was handled on-scene.
- Police were contacted by a resident whose daughter received concerning text messages.
- Police received a report about a possible scam in which the caller claimed to be a representative with an electric company. Residents are reminded not to provide personal information to unknown callers.
- Police received a report about harassing and threatening messages that were sent to a Bressler Road resident.
- Police assisted fire personnel with a tree down in the Elizabeth Street area.
- Police received a report about the theft of a check from an Anderson Street resident. It was later returned to police and turned back over to the complainant.
- Police took a female into custody following a traffic stop when it was learned she had outstanding warrants through the Clearfield County Sheriff’s Office.
- Police received a report about a suspicious person in the area of Lippert Street who claimed to be observing deer. The male was known to police.