CLEARFIELD – The Clearfield County Commissioners held their reorganizational meeting Monday morning.
For 2020, Commissioner Tony Scotto will serve as board chairman and Commissioner John A. Sobel will serve as vice chairman.
The commissioners will continue to meet the first, second and fourth Tuesdays of every month, beginning at 10 a.m. in the commissioners’ conference room at the Clearfield County Administrative Offices.
However, it was noted that the commissioners will not meet April 28 and Nov. 3, due to the Primary and General Elections. It was also noted that a couple meetings may be moved to the evenings in an effort to allow citizens to get involved with county government.
In other business, the commissioners:
- appointed Lisa McFadden as chief clerk and Heather Bozovich as county solicitor.
- appointed GAI Associates as the county’s engineer.
- appointed Mette, Evans & Woodside as special counsel for Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection issues.
- appointed Campbell Durrant Beatty Palombo & Miller as legal representation for labor relations.
- approved Resolution 2020 #1 to move forward with the paperwork related to the county’s Tax Anticipation Note.
- approved to advertise for bids for voting booths and ballot printing.
- reappointed Glenn Schuch and Joe Varacallo (five-year terms) and appointed Jason Ramsay (five-year term) to the Clearfield Jefferson Counties Regional Airport Authority.
- reappointed Terrance O’Connor and appointed Melissa Terwilliger, Rachel Marie Belin Troxell and Shawn Graves to three-year terms on the Community Connections Board.
- announced three vacant seats on the Clearfield County Planning Commission.
- appointed Vicki Beck to the Clearfield County Solid Waste Authority to fill a vacancy through Dec. 31, 2023.
- reappointed Jane Lee Yare and Scott Test to three-year terms on the Clearfield County Library Board. The commissioners also announced that there was one board vacancy.
- reappointed Jodi Brennan to the Headwaters RCD board.
- appointed Drew Nedzinski and Jacob A. Heigel to five-year terms on the Clearfield County Industrial Development Authority (CCIDA)/CCMA board.
- appointed John Shimko as industry representative from CCIDA to the Clearly Ahead Development board of directors.
- appointed Willie Null and David Twoey to five-year terms on the Curwensville Lake Authority.
- reappointed Bonnie Robinson-Harper and appointed Matthew Checchio and Tim Winters to five-year terms on the Clearfield County Recreation & Tourism Authority.
- announced two openings on the Farmland Preservation Board.
- appointed Tyler Kirkwood to a three-year term on the Community Action Advisory Board.
- appointed Kristy Smith to a one-year term as an industry representative on the North Central Regional Planning and Development board.
- approved seven new hires, eight employee transfers and five employee separations/retirements.
- approved the minutes from the Dec. 17 meeting as presented by the chief clerk.
- approved the bills as presented by the Controller’s office.