State police at Clearfield
- State police conducted a traffic stop Saturday on Interstate 80 westbound in Bradford Township. Further investigation revealed that a 23-year-old New York man was in possession of drug paraphernalia. Charges were filed through the district court.
- State police received a report about a stolen firearm Dec. 5. During the incident, someone allegedly took a silver-colored Taurus 357-caliber revolver from a wooden area in Madera. State police say the suspect was possibly in a black Ford pick-up truck. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-857-3800.
- State police received a report about an incident of harassment that occurred Friday on Seymour and Fulton streets in Morris Townships. During a domestic, two Hawk Run men allegedly engaged in an altercation. Both were charged through the district court as a result of the incident.
- Police received a report about an incident of disorderly conduct Dec. 4 at the Wal-Mart Supercenter in Clearfield. According to police, it was found a 50-year-old Clearfield man asked employees if the store offered a military discount, and became upset when he was advised that it did not. He subsequently demanded to speak with a manager, and started to yell when he was advised again that the store didn’t offer a military discount. He continued to yell at the manager even after being requested to leave but eventually did. He entered a wooded area behind the store, and police were unable to locate him. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- Police received a report about an incident of disorderly conduct Friday at the Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School. During the incident, a 13-year-old allegedly struck another 13-year-old. No injuries occurred as a result; charges were filed for the incident.
- Police received a report about a theft Saturday on Carbon Mine Road in Clearfield. During the incident, someone allegedly took a bucket of old wire, a spool of new wire and various tools and Christmas decorations from a garage. Anyone with information is asked to contact police.
- Police received a report about a theft that occurred sometime between Nov. 18 and Nov. 27 on Larson Road in Clearfield. During the incident, someone allegedly stole a night vision scope, Christmas decorations and two .22-caliber pistols from a residence. Anyone with information is asked to contact police.
- Police reported an incident of DUI occurred Sunday in Clearfield. According to police, a driver failed to stop at a posted stop sign in the area of Spring and Brown streets. During a subsequent traffic stop, he was believed to be under the influence of alcohol, and requested to submit to field sobriety tests. Afterwards, the driver was taken to Penn Highlands Clearfield Hospital for a legal blood draw, and later released to a sober person. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- Police received a report about a theft Dec. 3 at the Hyde Fire Company. During the incident, a member took a helmet from a locker that belonged to another member. Police have identified the suspect, and charges are currently pending at this time.
- Police received a report about a theft Nov. 20 at the Clearfield County Career & Technology Center. During the incident, an 18-year-old female from Philipsburg allegedly took a small amount of cash from the cosmetology room. The incident was captured on surveillance video, police say, and charges are currently pending at this time.