State police at Clearfield
- State police received a report about a retail theft that occurred Aug. 15 at the Nittany Minit Mart in Coalport Borough. During the incident, a 49-year-old Coalport man allegedly stole items, such as iced tea, a gallon of milk, bagel bites, a box of cereal and a hoagie. State police say the theft was captured by store surveillance and observed by employees. The suspect was subsequently identified and charges will be filed for this incident.
- Police received a report about a physical domestic disturbance at an East Walnut Street residence. During the incident, two men allegedly assaulted each other. Both were questioned by police, and charges are currently pending at this time.
- Police received a report about a theft at a local business on South Third Street. During the incident, a male allegedly entered and removed $845 in cash, and was subsequently identified through surveillance video. He was located by police a short time later, arrested for the incident and lodged in Clearfield County Jail.
- Police conducted a traffic stop along East Market Street. As a result, it was found that a male passenger had an active arrest warrant through the Clearfield County Sheriff’s Office. He was taken into custody and to county jail.
- Police received a report about phone scam calls from a Fourth Avenue resident. According to police, the calls were concerning rebate offers from an electric company. Police would like to remind residents not to provide any personal or financial information out over the phone.
- Police responded to a reported hit-and-run crash in the area of Filbert and South streets. According to police, the driver of a Dodge Durango struck a parked vehicle, then fled the scene. The investigation is ongoing at this time; anyone with information is asked to contact police.
- Police arrested a female on outstanding warrants following a traffic stop.
- Police received a report about a possible phone scam. According to police, the caller contacted an elderly female and claimed to be her grandson. Police would like to remind residents to be very mindful and not to provide any personal or financial information out over the phone.
- Police received a report about a domestic dispute, during which a male was allegedly assaulted. Police say a female fled the scene, and charges are currently pending at this time.
- Police were requested to assist emergency personnel Friday in the 300 block of Spring Avenue. According to police, a female had ingested a controlled substance, and was unable to move. Police provided assistance on-scene as needed, and the female was taken for medical treatment.
- Police received a report about an open door at a business Friday in the first block of East Long Avenue. Upon arrival, police found everything appeared to be OK, and secured the business.