State police at Clearfield
- State police received a report about an incident of retail theft that occurred Nov. 9 at the Dollar General store in Houtzdale Borough. During the incident, a known 30-year-old Houtzdale woman entered the store and picked up some T-shirts at the entrance. A short while later, an employee noticed the woman wearing the shirts, and he confronted her. She allegedly fled the store with the shirts on and in possession of a tablet of writing paper, all of which she did not pay for. State police say the employee followed the woman to her vehicle, and obtained its license plate number. Charges will be filed through the district court.
- Justin Hubler, 34, of West Decatur will face charges following a police pursuit Sunday in Woodward Township. According to state police, a trooper attempted a traffic stop on Blackburn Road near Mease Road. However, Hubler reportedly fled at a high rate of speed, turning onto Lamison Lane and continuing onto an all-terrain vehicle trail into a wooded area. He was eventually taken into custody after a foot pursuit. State police say Hubler was found to be in possession of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia, and had multiple warrants for his arrest in Clearfield and surrounding counties; he was also suspected of being under the influence. Hubler was housed in county jail on warrants, and will face new charges for fleeing and eluding, drug possession and DUI through the district court.
- State police received a report about an incident of harassment that occurred Friday on White Street in Irvona Borough. According to state police, a 39-year-old Coalport man shoved his ex-girlfriend when she picked up her daughter. She was not injured as a result; the man was cited through the district court.
- State police received a report about a theft that occurred sometime Friday or Saturday on the Morrisdale-Allport Highway in Morris Township. During the incident, someone allegedly stole around $400 in coins from a laundry machine. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-857-3800.
- Police reported that an incident of DUI occurred Sunday in the area of University Drive and U.S. Route 322. During a traffic stop, police determined the driver, a 23-year-old Osceola Mills woman, was allegedly under the influence of alcohol to the degree she was incapable of safely operating a vehicle. She was taken into custody and to the Clearfield Penn Highlands Hospital for a legal blood draw. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- Police reported that a traffic stop resulted in a weapons violation Sunday at the intersection of Washington Avenue and Bailey Settlement Road. Upon investigation, it was found the driver, a 29-year-old Clearfield man, was allegedly in possession of a loaded handgun while having an expired permit. Charges were filed through the district court.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment and disorderly conduct Nov. 14 at the Lawrence Park Village. During the incident, a 41-year-old Clearfield man was on the property when he was confronted by a 17-year-old. He allegedly struck the teen in the chest, and then fled on foot. Citations are currently pending against the man through the district court.
- Police received a report about a disorder that involved drugs and a firearm Friday at the Rodeway Inn in Clearfield. Upon arrival on-scene, contact was made with 23-year-old Taylor Snyder of Clearfield, at which point a firearm was secured and a search was conducted of a hotel room. She was allegedly in possession of methamphetamine, several items of drug paraphernalia and a stolen firearm. Snyder was taken into custody, arraigned and lodged in county jail pending her preliminary hearing. The next day, Snyder’s ex-boyfriend, 26-year-old Michael Smith of Clearfield, provided a statement to police because he’d rented the room, and he also wanted to collect his seized belongings. He was allegedly in possession of a firearm, methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia that were inside a backpack that he brought with him. Smith was subsequently taken into custody and lodged in county jail to await arraignment.
- Police received a report about suspicious activity Nov. 12 in the 300 block of South Brady Street. According to police, a witness said someone was on the roof of a building during the morning hours. Upon arrival on-scene, officers observed footprints on the roof; the investigation is ongoing at this time.
- Police received a report about an incident of trespass that occurred Nov. 9 at Paris Cleaners. According to police, an employee believed a male was inside the building. He was also observed on surveillance walking around the plant, entering various rooms and stealing items. The investigation is ongoing at this time.
- Police received a report about an incident of theft Nov. 12 on Juniata Street. During the incident, someone allegedly removed items from the victim’s apartment while she was in jail. She provided the identity of a possible suspect, and when contact was made with their friends, police say stolen items were observed in plain view. The suspect was not home at the time, and her friends were unaware the items were stolen. Police had the items placed in a pile, and the victim arrived for her belongings.