GANT Police Blotter

State police at Clearfield

  • State police received a report about an incident of harassment that occurred Thursday on Valley Road in Cooper Township. During the incident, a 21-year-old Winburne man allegedly punched his father several times. No injuries occurred as a result of the altercation. State police cited the man through the district court.
  • State police received a report about an incident of theft that occurred Thursday on Walton Street in Decatur Township. During the incident, someone allegedly took four propane tanks from the Kwik Fill in Philipsburg. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-857-3800.

State police at Ridgway

  • Pennsylvania State Police Fire Marshal Greg Agosti began an investigation into a house fire that broke out at 1:28 p.m. Wednesday at 25 White St., in Irvona Borough. Agosti said damage is estimated at over $250,000, and the cause of the fire remains under investigation at this time.

Lawrence Township

  • Police reported that a traffic stop resulted in a warrant service Thursday on Hammermill Road in Lawrence Township. According to police, 32-year-old Darrin Thompson of Clearfield was stopped for an equipment violation, and it was discovered he was in possession of a fraudulent inspection sticker. Further investigation revealed Thompson’s vehicle didn’t have an ignition interlock system, as required by his license. Police also found Thompson had an active warrant through the Domestic Relations office; he was taken into custody and released to DRO. New charges will be filed against Thompson through the district court.

Sandy Township

  • On Sunday police received a report about a 27-year-old Sunbury man who worked next to the Brady Street Beer Distributors and who removed a vehicle, which belonged to the business, without permission. He drove the vehicle to Sunbury where it was found by local police. The investigation is continuing at this time.
  • On Monday police were contacted by a 43-year-old Circle Road resident who reported that someone took the Pennsylvania registration and a tail light assembly from a trailer that was parked at his residence. The investigation is continuing at this time.
  • On Monday police were contacted by a 45-year-old Curwensville woman who reported she was staying with Hungry Hollow Road residents, and was trying to leave because they were yelling at her. No physical altercations occurred, and police handled the situation without incident.
  • On Tuesday police were contacted by a 43-year-old Freedom Road man who reported his 42-year-old ex-wife was at his residence and trying to start a fight with him. Upon arrival on-scene, police learned the woman had lost control of her vehicle, which she’d backed down over an embankment and into a fence. No property damage was observed, and her vehicle was pulled out without further problems.
  • On Tuesday police were contacted by a truck driver who reported that she backed into another truck in the Pilot parking lot. The drivers exchanged information; no injuries and minor damage were reported.
  • Police received a report about an alleged domestic assault Wednesday on Dolphin Head Road in Treasure Lake. Upon arrival, it was learned that the 29-year-old male suspect and 30-year-old-female victim had left the scene in the same vehicle.  Officers also learned the couple had plans to check into a hotel in DuBois; at a hotel, police located the female who stated she’d been struck several times at the couple’s residence. She also stated that the male convinced her to leave with him by saying he’d take her to the hospital. Police then took the male into custody and put him in county jail on a 48-hour detainer. Charges were filed against the male through the district court; the female was taken to the Penn Highlands Hospital for an evaluation.
  • On Wednesday police received a report about a 74-year-old Reynoldsville man who wrote out a check to Murray’s Ford Dealership in the amount of $698.55 that was returned due to non-sufficient funds. Employees attempted to resolve the issue but were unable to obtain payment. Charges are currently pending at this time.
  • On Wednesday police were contacted by a 40-year-old Treasure Lake man who reported that he was being harassed by his ex-girlfriend via Facebook. Officers handled the situation without incident.
Pennsylvania’s Unemployment Rate at 4.2 Percent
Clearfield Borough Holds Second Public Hearing on CDBG Funding

Leave a Reply