CLEARFIELD – On Tuesday the Clearfield County Commissioners voted to approve the hiring of Jodi Simcox as the nursing director at the Clearfield County Jail.
Prior to the commissioners’ meeting, the county’s Salary Board voted to set Simcox’s salary at $48,000 annually, effective Nov. 5, 2019.
Simcox’s salary will be funded by a fee being assessed to individuals in the ARD program or under court supervision by the Probation Department, according to Commissioner John A. Sobel.
In other business, the commissioners:
- approved an intergovernmental housing agreement with Centre County. It will allow the county to house overflow inmates in Centre County at a rate of $65 per day. Sobel said the county will consider a housing agreement with Jefferson County, if needed.
- approved purchase of service agreements with Appalachian Youth Services and White Deer Run.
- announced a meeting will be held at 10 a.m. Nov. 19 to consider the county’s tentative 2020 budget.
- approved three other new hires, two employee transfers and one employee separation/retirement.
- approved the minutes from the board’s previous meeting that was held Oct. 22.
- approved the bills as presented by the Controller’s office.
In other business, the Salary Board:
- approved the creation of a temporary position of department clerk II/sheriff’s department, effective Oct. 31, 2019, for a period of up to eight weeks, to cover a clerk’s medical leave of absence.
- approved the minutes from the Oct. 8 meeting.