- Police received a report about an alleged burglary that occurred Tuesday on Joseph Road. According to police, the caller heard a suspicious sound inside her home, and then found a bedroom window open. As she searched a closet, she found a 29-year-old man trying to conceal himself with clothing. Police say he was last seen running from the residence. Burglary and other charges are currently pending at this time.
- Police reported an incident of DUI that occurred Friday on South Second Street. During a traffic stop, police encountered a driver, a 20-year-old Clearfield woman, and a passenger, also a 20-year-old Clearfield woman, both of whom were underage and reportedly in possession of alcohol. After field sobriety tests, police say the driver was suspected of being under the influence. She was subsequently taken to the Penn Highlands Clearfield Hospital for a legal blood draw; laboratory results are currently pending at this time. The passenger was cited for underage possession of alcohol and an open container violation through the district court.
- Police received a report about a suspicious male Monday at the Snappy’s Convenience Store. According to police, a 31-year-old Clearfield man was suspected of being under the influence of a controlled substance and caused harm to himself multiple times with an unknown object. He then fled on foot but was later located when he attempted to enter a vehicle operated by Kurtis L. Bumbarger, 40, of Frenchville, who stopped to give him a ride. The man was subsequently taken into custody, police say, and Bumbarger was found to be operating his vehicle with a suspended license and also to have multiple warrants through Jefferson County Probation and the Clearfield County Sheriff’s office. Bumbarger, who police say provided a false name, was also taken into custody along with his passenger, Dewayne S. Colbert, 27, of Duncansville, who had multiple outstanding warrants in Blair County; Colbert also reportedly provided police with a false name. All three men were housed in county jail with charges currently pending.
- Police received a report about a theft that occurred between Oct. 9 and Oct. 20. During this timeframe, a known Clearfield couple allegedly used the victim’s banking information to make nine unauthorized transactions, totaling $805.21. The investigation is continuing at this time.
- Police received a report about criminal mischief to a motor vehicle Friday in the 100 block of Beaver Drive. During the incident, someone allegedly smashed the passenger’s side window out of the victim’s truck. The investigation is continuing at this time.
- Police responded to a reported burglar alarm Friday at a business located in the 200 block of Beaver Drive. Upon arrival, everything was found to be OK.
- Police received a report about an unauthorized use of a motor vehicle Friday. According to police, a known male had the victim’s vehicle, and refused to return it. She believed he was in the Brookville area. The investigation is continuing with charges pending.
- Police received a report about a male on the roof of a residence Saturday in the 300 block of West Long Avenue. According to police, the caller said the male yelled about being locked out. However, the male was gone upon police arrival on-scene.
- Police received a report about a stolen vehicle Saturday in the 100 block of North Brady Street. According to police, a female parked her car in a business’ lot, and left with a friend in a different vehicle. She said when she returned, her vehicle was gone. Upon further investigation, police say the vehicle was found and the female didn’t want to press charges.
- Police received a report about an intoxicated female Saturday in the area of South Brady and Jared streets. According to police, contact was made with the female and it was found there was an active warrant for her arrest. She was taken into custody and to county jail; she was also cited for public drunkenness.