State police at Clearfield
- State police received a report about an incident of criminal mischief that occurred sometime between 11 p.m. Wednesday and 1:50 a.m. Thursday in the 1900 block of Henderson Street in Woodward Township. During the incident, someone allegedly spray-painted a male genital in the middle of the roadway. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-857-3800.
- State police received a report about an incident of terroristic threats that occurred Nov. 2 on Laura Street in Chester Hill Borough. According to state police, information was received about a Protection from Abuse order violation. Upon arrival on-scene, it was learned the perpetrator, 28-year-old Alex Wojtowich of Philipsburg, had fled on foot and a victim interview revealed other crimes had occurred. Troopers advised the victim to call if Wojtowich returned and proceeded to conduct a search of the area with negative results. A short time later, the victim called state police saying Wojtowich had returned to her residence. Upon arrival, troopers took Wojtowich into custody and to county jail on outstanding warrants. Charges will be filed for the incident through the district court.
- While on routine patrol, police observed a wanted male along Daisy Street. According to police, the male was wanted on an active warrant through the Clearfield County Sheriff’s Office. He was subsequently taken into custody and to county jail.
- Sheriff deputies were assisted with a warrant service at a SW Fourth Avenue residence. While on-scene, deputies reportedly found drug paraphernalia and it was turned over to police.
- Police received a report about an incident of criminal mischief that occurred at the Sons of Italy. According to police, someone spray-painted the “anarchy” symbol on the SOI’s door. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Clearfield Borough Police Department.
- Police received a report about a highly intoxicated male at a South Third Street business. Upon police arrival, he was transported to Penn Highlands by ambulance due to his level of intoxication. A citation for public drunkenness is currently pending against the male at this time.
- Police received a report about an incident of public drunkenness Thursday on the Clearfield-Shawville Highway. According to police, a 38-year-old Clearfield man, identified as Jason Schmoke, was seen walking along the fog line and in-and-out of traffic. He was also struggling to carry a large package containing a vacuum cleaner. Schmoke was found to have an outstanding warrant for unpaid fines and to have consumed alcohol while on probation with a no-alcohol clause. Schmoke was taken into custody and to county jail; he’s also been charged in relation to this incident.