State police at Clearfield
- Sherri Sharpless, 39, of Houtzdale has been charged with felony hindering apprehension following an incident Oct. 29 on McAteer Street in Woodward Township. According to state police, Sharpless provided a false name and information in an attempt to hinder the arrest of Thomas L. Golding, who was ultimately taken into custody on felony warrants.
- Police received a report about a low-hanging tree limb on Turnpike Avenue. Upon arrival, police removed the limb.
- Police received a report about an altercation on West Market Street. Upon arrival, police found it was only verbal in nature.
- Police responded to a reported alarm along South Second Street. Upon arrival, it was found the alarm was set off on accident.
- Police are investigating an unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. During the incident, a known female asked to use a vehicle and has reportedly failed to return it.
- Police received a report of an attempted theft on South Fourth Street. During the incident, a female allegedly attempted to steal a dog from the victim’s yard.
- Police responded to a reported residential alarm on West Pine Street. Upon arrival, police found everything to be OK.
- Police received a report about a down wire on Daisy Street. Police were assisted by the Clearfield Fire Department, and the wire was removed.
- Police responded to a minor crash in Clearfield. According to police, a bus struck a parked car along Turnpike Avenue. No injuries were reported, and both vehicles were driven from the scene.
- Police assisted emergency personnel with a mental health patient along Second Street.
- Police assisted Domestic Relations personnel with an attempt to serve a warrant along Williams Street.
- Police responded to a motor vehicle crash Tuesday along the Clearfield-Glen Richey Highway in the area of the Old Erie Pike. According to police, Dennis D. Johnston of Clearfield swerved to miss a deer, which caused his vehicle to exit the roadway and overturn onto its side against a tree. Johnston was taken to the Clearfield Penn Highlands Hospital with minor injuries; his vehicle was towed from the scene.