State police at Clearfield
- State police reported an incident of DUI occurred Sunday in the area of Dorsey Avenue and Anita Street in Irvona Borough. During a traffic stop, a strong odor of alcohol reportedly came from the driver, a 58-year-old Clearfield man, and he also showed signs of impairment. State place placed the man under arrest, and the appropriate charges will be filed through the district court.
- State police investigated a motor vehicle crash Monday on the Curwensville-Grampian Highway in Pike Township. According to state police, a 45-year-old Clearfield woman was found to be under the influence of alcohol. She was transported to Penn Highlands Clearfield for treatment of minor injuries and for a legal blood draw. Charges are currently pending at this time.
State police at DuBois
- State police arrested a 33-year-old Clearfield man for DUI on Aug. 31 in the 4500 block of Greenville Pike in Bloom Township. Charges were subsequently filed through the district court.
- While on routine patrol along state Route 879, police observed a wanted female identified as 26-year-old Kearston Casher from Woodland in the Sheetz parking lot. Police say Casher was wanted through the Clearfield County Sheriff’s office. She was subsequently taken into custody, at which point a search was conducted. During the search, a small, white pill was reportedly found in a container. Police also found Casher was with 30-year-old Joseph Lonjin from Woodland, who had an active warrant through the Clearfield Borough police. Borough officers arrived on-scene and assumed custody over Lonjin. Both Casher and Lonjin were housed in county jail on warrants. Police say drug-related charges are currently pending against Casher.
- Police received a report concerning a missing adult. According to police, the individual was located in good condition.
- Police responded to Snappy’s Convenience Store where a male reportedly made statements about harming himself and damaging his vehicle. According to police, he left the scene prior to the call and K9 units assisted in the subsequent search. He was located in good condition but was taken to Clearfield Penn Highlands for an evaluation.
- Police received a noise complaint along Filbert Street. However, due to being on a search detail, police were unable to respond to the call and the complainant didn’t report further issues.
- Police received a report about an alleged assault on Naulton Road. However, police learned the incident occurred in Pike Township and turned the investigation over to state police.
- Police received a report about dogs running loose; the animal control enforcement officer was also summoned to the scene. Police are reminding residents to keep their animals leashed at all times for the safety of others.
- Police received a report about a dog that was stolen from New York. According to police, it was learned the individual who has the dog resided outside of Curwensville Borough.