State police at Clearfield
- State police received a report about a theft that occurred sometime between July 7 and July 15 on West Hannah Street in Woodward Township. During the incident, someone allegedly stole the victim’s license plate. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-857-3800.
State police at DuBois
- State police arrested a 19-year-old DuBois man Sept. 25 following a pursuit in Brady Township, Clearfield County. According to state police, a trooper attempted to stop the teen for speeding on Route 219 near Draucker’s Bottom Road. However, he reportedly continued to speed and ignored the trooper’s emergency lights and siren in his attempt to flee. State police say a pursuit ensued for approximately 2.9 miles when the teen stopped due to apparent vehicle failure. He was subsequently arrested for DUI, fleeing and eluding and related traffic offenses.
State police at Punxsutawney
- State police received a report about an incident of harassment that occurred Sunday on Railroad Street in Westover Borough. During a domestic dispute, state police say a 35-year-old Westover man and a 25-year-old Northern Cambria woman “bumped” into each other numerous times. Then, she allegedly smacked him on the right side of his face. Both were cited for harassment through the district court.
- Police handled an incident of harassment along East Eighth Street.
- Police were requested to check the welfare of a female who had made comments about self-harm. Upon arrival on-scene, police located the female and provided her with the necessary resources.
- Police responded to a report of a minor collision on South Second Street. According to police, a vehicle traveled the wrong way on South Second Street and impacted a parked vehicle. No injuries were reported in the mishap.
- Police assisted with a reported medical emergency on West Locust Street.
- Police received a report about a juvenile who knocked on doors, then fled in the 600 block of Daisy Street. Police searched the area but were unable to locate anyone.
- Police were requested to check the welfare of a female on South Second Street. While police were on-scene, the female arrived home and was found to be OK.
- Police responded to East Cherry Street where a female had reportedly overdosed on medication. Emergency personnel were also summoned to the scene, and transported the female to the hospital.
- Police initiated a vehicle stop along South Second Street. During the stop, police allegedly located drugs and paraphernalia.
- Police received a report of kids who were ringing doorbells, then running off along West Seventh Avenue.
- Lawrence Township police were assisted with a vehicle stop along state Route 879, during which multiple occupants were found to have active warrants.
- Police received a report about a suspicious vehicle on Nichols Street. However, it left prior to police arrival on-scene.
- Police responded to a West Front Street residence where someone allegedly used a rock to break out a window. Then, they fled the scene; the investigation is continuing.
- Police were requested to check the welfare of a male on Nichols Street. Police were able to locate the male who was waiting for a friend.
- Police handled an incident of harassment that involved two females along Daisy Street.
- Police received a report about a damaged sign along Weaver Street.
- Police responded to a reported 911 hang-up call on Clearfield Street. Upon arrival on-scene, it was found the call was accidental.
- Police located a male who had an active arrest warrant through the Lawrence Township police on North Third Street. Township officers were called to the scene, and the male was taken into custody.
- Police received a report about a male who was standing in traffic in the area of Clearfield and Weaver streets. However, he left prior to police arrival on-scene.
- Police located a suspicious vehicle along Temple Avenue. According to police, someone had left the vehicle’s lights on. However, officers couldn’t locate anyone in the area.
- Police received a report about an incident of trespassing Thursday at the Wal-Mart Supercenter. During the incident, a 27-year-old Munson woman was allegedly on the premises after having previously been banned due to a retail theft in 2015. Police found she was in violation and she will be charged for the incident.
- Police received a report about an incident of retail theft Saturday at the Wal-Mart Supercenter. During the incident, a 43-year-old Clearfield woman attempted to return a pair of pants that were purchased at another store. She proceeded to pick up three pairs of pants, then allegedly attempted to return them for a gift card. Because she was found to be on probation, police say she was housed in county jail. Charges are currently pending for retail theft.
- Police received a report about an incident of public drunkenness that occurred Sunday at McDonald’s on South Second Street. Upon arrival on-scene, contact was made with a 39-year-old Clearfield woman inside the restaurant where police say she’d asked other patrons for money and food. It was determined she was under the influence of a “foreign substance,” and police had her housed in county jail on a 48-hour detainer. For this, she was charged with public drunkenness through the district court.
- Police received a report about an incident of theft that occurred Friday in the 700 block of West Long Avenue. According to police, the victim said he’d inadvertently left his backpack next to his parked vehicle. When he went back to retrieve it, he said it was gone. He told police it contained very important documents and his laptop computer. The investigation is continuing.
- Police responded to a report of a two-vehicle crash Friday on North Main Street. According to police, a gray Jeep was stopped to turn left off North Main Street when it was rear-ended by a silver Dodge. No injuries occurred as a result of the crash; both vehicles were driven from the scene.
- On Friday police observed a known male for whom there was an active warrant on the porch of a North Jared Street residence. Contact was made and he was taken into custody; he was subsequently housed in county jail by a constable.
- Police received a report about a fight in progress Saturday at a business in the 300 block of DuBois Street. Upon arrival on-scene, officers saw two males restraining another on the floor. Police say further investigation revealed he’d been the aggressor and he was arrested for public drunkenness and disorderly conduct. He was subsequently transported and lodged in county jail on multiple active warrants.
- Police received a report about a suspicious male Saturday in the 100 block of North Main Street. Upon arrival on-scene, contact was made with the male who police say was under the influence of a controlled substance. He was transported to the Penn Highlands DuBois emergency room due to his level of intoxication. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- Police received a report about a fight in progress Saturday at the intersection of West Washington Avenue and South Franklin Street. Upon arrival on-scene, contact was made with one of the involved males. He said another male walked up, punched him in the face and then fled towards West Weber Avenue. Police conducted a search of the area with negative results; the investigation is continuing.