State police at Clearfield
- State police received a report about a trespassing incident that occurred Sept. 16 on St. Lawrence Road in Beccaria Township. During the incident, three known juveniles allegedly entered the victim’s garage, then fled the scene. Charges are currently pending at this time.
State police at Punxsutawney
- State police received a report about a theft that occurred between June 6 and Sept. 5 on Market Street in Mahaffey Borough. According to state police, a couple hired a construction company to put a new roof on their home. The contractor cashed their check payment over three months ago, which paid for half of the project costs. Since then, he’s refused to return calls to the couple and state police. Charges are currently pending approval from the Clearfield County district attorney.
- While on routine patrol, police observed a male and female engaged in an argument. It was found to be verbal in nature.
- Police were notified of a lost wallet.
- Police were notified of a landlord-tenant issue. It was determined to be a civil matter.
- Police located a female who was wanted on warrants along South Second Street. She was subsequently arrested on the warrants.
- Police arrested an intoxicated male on Nichols Street.
- Police received a report about suspicious activity on West Front Street. According to police, a resident received an unknown, threatening letter.
- Police conducted a vehicle stop that resulted in the arrest of a wanted female.
- Police received a report about two males wandering through backyards on West Front Street. Police searched the area with negative results.
- Police received a report about a retail theft that occurred Tuesday at Rural King in Clearfield. During the incident, a male and female allegedly concealed items in a purse. When confronted by store staff, police say they refused to cooperate and fled in a black PT Cruiser. License plate information was provided to police and video surveillance will be reviewed to provide a positive identification. The incident remains under investigation at this time.
- On Sept. 20, police were contacted by a 55-year-old Connecticut woman who reported that someone caused a white mark on the driver’s side bumper of her vehicle. Then they left the scene, she said.
- Police received a report about a motor vehicle crash that occurred Sept. 20 in Sandy Township. According to police, a 50-year-old Wilcox man was traveling on state Route 255 near Platt Road when the vehicle ahead stopped abruptly to make a turn. This caused him to stop quickly, and his vehicle was subsequently struck by the vehicle behind him. Moderate damage and no injuries were reported to police.
- On Sept. 20, police were contacted by a Treasure Lake man who reported that someone hit and caused minor damage to his vehicle while it was in the Wal-Mart parking lot.
- Police received a report about a motor vehicle crash Sept. 20 in Sandy Township. According to police, a vehicle driven by a 32-year-old Emporium man was stopped in traffic on SR 255 near Mountain Run Road when a vehicle driven by a 70-year-old Kersey man was unable to stop in time to avoid impact. No injuries were reported as a result, and both vehicles were driven from the scene.
- Police received a report about a man who was passed out inside a vehicle Sept. 21 in the lower part of the Wal-Mart parking lot. Upon arrival, it was discovered the man was OK; he’d just decided to rest before driving home.
- Police received a report about a motorcycle-versus-deer crash that occurred Sept. 21 in Sandy Township. According to police, a 49-year-old Brockway man hit a deer while riding his motorcycle on Coral Reef Road in Treasure Lake. Minor injuries were reported.
- Police received a report Sunday about a couple discussing drug activity inside a vehicle in the Commons parking lot. Officers searched the area and were unable to find the couple.
- Police responded to a motor vehicle crash Sunday in Sandy Township. According to police, a vehicle driven by a 65-year-old Falls Creek man traveled into the opposing lane of travel along Slab Run Road near Sheetz. As a result, it crashed into a vehicle driven by a 47-year-old Falls Creek man. The first Falls Creek man was taken to Penn Highlands for an evaluation and legal blood draw. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- On Sunday police were contacted by a 20-year-old South Brady Street man who reported he was being harassed by an 18-year-old Summerville man. Officers handled the situation without incident.