State police at Clearfield
- State police received a report about an alleged domestic assault that occurred Sept. 8 on Surveyor Road in Girard Township. As a result, a 37-year-old Clearfield man was arrested for simple assault and harassment through the district court. He was arraigned with his bail being set at $2,500.
- State police received a report about a theft that occurred Wednesday on Casanova Spur in Rush Township, Centre County. According to state police, someone contacted the victim, claiming a rental car was listed under their social security number and located near the Mexico border with drugs and guns inside it. The victim was directed to pay a fee in order to avoid legal prosecution and then provided $2,500 worth of gift cards. State police would like to remind residents not to respond under these types of circumstances.
State police at Punxsutawney
- State police received a report about a camp burglary that occurred sometime between Sept. 8 and Tuesday in the area of Barrens and Punkin Ridge roads in Chest Township. During the incident, someone allegedly broke out a window and once inside stole various tool-related items. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-938-0510.
- On Monday police were contacted by a resident of Hanes Drive who reported a domestic disturbance in a neighboring apartment. Officers handled the situation without incident.
- On Tuesday police were contacted by a 57-year-old resident who reported being scammed out of $500 by a fraudulent booking site.
- On Tuesday police were contacted by a 60-year-old Cleveland man who reported his vehicle was hit and damaged by another vehicle that left the scene.
- On Tuesday police were contacted by a local business owner who reported that someone took a power washer and accessories, valued at $550, from outside his business. The investigation is ongoing.
- On Tuesday police were contacted by a tractor-trailer driver who reported that another truck hit and damaged his vehicle while it was parked at Pilot. Then, its driver left the scene, he said. Officers were able to locate the truck at Sheetz, and they handled the situation without incident.