GRAMPIAN – The Grampian Lions Club recently held its last summer picnic/meeting.
The meeting was attended by District 14 J Gov. Linda Lupro, First Vise Gov. Herman Rush and Dist. 14 J Zone Chairman Scott Brubaker. Lupro stressed the importance of the organization’s motto “We Serve,” as she gave a motivational talk to club members.
During the meeting, club members discussed upcoming events and other activities. The club:
- announced the 10th annual Andy Sutika Memorial Softball Tournament will be held Sept. 21 in DuBois.
- announced the Halloween Parade and Trunk or Treat will take place, from 2 p.m. – 4 p.m., Oct. 26 at the Grampian Community Park.
- announced the Children’s Christmas Festival will be held, from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m., Dec. 7 at the Cen-Clear Center (former Grampian Elementary School).
- reported it had repaired tables at the Grampian Community Park.
- reported its 2020 Community Birthday Calendar has been completed and submitted for publication.
The club also announced that it:
- received a donation of an Acrobat LCD enhanced visual magnifying aid, which is available for any vision-impaired Clearfield County resident to borrow at no cost.
- supported the Isaiah Pentz Memorial Carnival. It donated toys for the basket raffle, as well as provided its games for organizers to use at the event.
- donated to the Curwensville Area High School golf team and girls’ soccer booster club; Curwensville Elementary Reading Under the Lights and Backpack Reading programs; and a local resident with medical needs.
The Grampian Lions Club is always looking for new members who are interested in serving others and helping the local community. It’s next regular meeting will be Oct. 8 at St. Bonaventure Church in Grampian.
For more information, please call 814-277-6841 or 814-236-3755 or e-mail SHYbennett@gmail.com.