- Police received a report about an incident of retail theft and return fraud that occurred Sept. 4 at the Wal-Mart store in Clearfield. Upon investigation, police identified the suspect as 28-year-old Laurajean Hill of Clearfield; charges were filed through the district court.
- Police were contacted by the victim of a Protection from Abuse order violation who reported that the offender had continued to contact them. The offender was subsequently taken into custody and transported to the Clearfield County Jail.
- Police received a report about a possible drug deal. According to police, a search of the area was conducted, and officers remained for an extended period of time. However, the individuals had left the area.
- Police received a report about a phone scam that occurred in Curwensville Borough. According to police, the caller impersonated Social Security officials and requested information. They also reportedly stated that non-compliance would result in arrest. Police would like to remind residents not to provide any personal or financial information to unknown sources over the phone.
- Police responded to an alarm at the Curwensville Moose Lodge. Upon arrival on-scene, it was found everything was OK, and that someone had entered the wrong passcode. They were able to clear the alarm with entry of the correct passcode.
- Police located a suspicious vehicle along Smith Street in Irvin Park. Upon arrival, police didn’t find anything criminal in nature.
- Police received a traffic complaint in the area of 600 State St., where debris and tree limbs were located in the roadway. However, the debris was removed prior to police arrival.
- Police received a report about a male who had fallen several nights before. According to police, he had injuries, which prevented him from going to his door. Upon arrival, emergency personnel transported the male to the hospital for treatment.
- Police responded to a noise complaint at a Susquehanna Avenue address. Upon arrival, the person responsible was advised of the complaint and related the problem would cease.
- Police were assisted by the Rescue Hose & Ladder Company after a tree had fallen in the area of Susquehanna Avenue. The tree was subsequently removed from the roadway and sidewalk.
- On Friday police were contacted by a 46-year-old DuBois man who reported that a known person took his credit card while visiting and used it without permission. The total value of the theft is approximately $600, he told police. The investigation is continuing at this time.
- On Saturday police were contacted by Wal-Mart employees who discovered a 75-year-old man was reportedly attempting to take four items from the store without paying for them.
- On Saturday police were contacted by Wal-Mart employees who reported that a known woman had been in the store and left with approximately $354 worth of merchandise without paying for it. When she was confronted by employees, she left the store. The investigation is continuing at this time.
- On Sunday police received a report about men involved in a disturbance during which a witness observed a gun. Upon further investigation, it was found the men were using a toy gun to practice self-defense. Police would like to advise people to use caution with doing such activities in public because it causes alarm.