CLEARFIELD – Voters have a new Web site if they wish to apply for an absentee ballot.
Clearfield County Director of Elections Dawn Graham announced that applications for absentee ballots are now available online.
Graham said while this new Web site does not allow a person to vote online, they are able to submit the application for an absentee ballot online, instead of on paper.
Graham said those wishing to fill out an application must have a valid driver’s license or state-issued identification card and they can visit www.pavoterservices.pa.gov/OnlineAbsenteeApplication.
There will also be a link to the site on the election’s office Web site.
In other business, the county voted to approve:
- Advertising for two vacancies on the Solid Waste Authority Board.
- Liquid fuel allocations for Brisbin Borough in the amount of $3,000 and Mahaffey Borough in the amount of $3,000. Commissioner John Sobel abstained from the Mahaffey Borough vote.
- Purchas of service agreements with Life Span Family Services, Keystone Pathways Adolescent Center and Pentz Run Youth Services Adolescent Center.
- Hiring Shannon Hoover, department clerk III in the tax assessment office; Austin Barrett, Brett Collins, Matthew Mallon, William Royer and Jessica Stavola, all as part-time dispatchers at the 911 center; Heather Condon, department clerk III at the clerk of courts office and Vincent Felli, LPN at the jail.
- Transferring Amanda Shaffer from department clerk III for clerk of courts to secretary for District Judge Mike Morris’ office.
- The separation/retirement of Greg Hallstrom II, part-time corrections officer at the jail, and Glenda Knisley department clerk II in the prothonotary’s office.
Prior to the commissioner’s meeting, the Clearfield County Salary Board met and voted to approve a temporary department clerk II position for the clerk of courts/prothonotary’s office from Sept. 23 to Oct. 4 for training purposes.