State police at Clearfield
- State police reported that 29-year-old Chase Conway of Osceola Mills was located at the Osceola Minit Mart on Wednesday. State police say he was recently listed as a county fugitive due to having several drug-related arrest warrants. After a brief vehicle and foot pursuit, he was taken into custody, and additional charges will be filed through the courts.
State police at Punxsutawney
- State police received a report about an incident of harassment that occurred Aug. 30 on Solley Road in Burnside Township. As a result, charges are pending against a Westover couple.
- Police received a report about two males who were involved in an argument at a North Third Street business. Upon arrival, police separated the males and advised them not to return.
- Police received a report about a suspicious male on East Market Street. The male reportedly went into a business, sat at a table and laid his head down. Police say he then refused to leave until their arrival on-scene.
- Police received a report about an incident of trespassing on North Fourth Street. According to police, a male returned to a residence he’d been evicted from. Upon arrival, police ordered the male to leave.
- Police received a report about an incident of harassment via social media. However, the matter was determined to be civil in nature.
- Police received a report about a suspicious male on Daisy Street. According to police, the male was seen walking into the backyard at a home, which alarmed residents. Police searched the area with negative contact.
- While on patrol, police observed an intoxicated male who was reportedly urinating into a bush on Krebs Avenue. The male was arrested and released to a sober adult.
- Police investigated a Protection from Abuse order violation, which resulted in the arrest of a female on East Sixth Street.
- Police, along with the Clearfield Fire Department, responded to an automatic fire alarm at a West Locust Street residence. Upon investigation, it was found to be a false alarm.
- Police received a report about a theft that occurred Wednesday at the Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School. Upon investigation, the School Resource Officer (SRO) found a 14-year-old boy had stolen two cell phones. The SRO was able to recover one phone; however, the other had been disposed of. Police say the boy will be arrested for theft and receiving stolen property.
- Police reported an incident of DUI that occurred Aug. 13 on the Clearfield-Shawville Highway. According to police, information was received about a suspicious female at Sheetz. Upon arrival, contact was made with a 25-year-old St. Marys woman who was under the influence of controlled substances while with her two children. She was taken to the Clearfield Penn Highlands Hospital for a legal blood draw, and charges are currently pending.
- Police reported an incident of DUI occurred Thursday on the Clearfield-Shawville Highway. During a traffic stop, contact was made with a 41-year-old Clearfield man who police say was driving under suspension. The man was also allegedly under the influence of a controlled substance, and was later released to his wife who was with him and who had a valid driver’s license and wasn’t under the influence. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- Police received a report about an incident of access device fraud Tuesday on the Clearfield-Shawville Highway. During the incident, someone allegedly withdrew funds from the victim’s account via an ATM. Police say a suspect has been identified, and the investigation is ongoing at this time.