State police at Clearfield
- State police were involved in a high-speed pursuit Monday on Interstate 80 eastbound at the 116 mile-marker and it continued onto state Route 879 in Lawrence Township. According to state police, as 24-year-old Joshua Marcilio of Reynoldsville fled on a sport motorcycle, he lost control. He crashed and was subsequently transported to the Clearfield Penn Highlands Hospital for treatment of his injuries. Marcilio was charged with felony fleeing or eluding an officer, plus numerous traffic violations. Towing services assisted at the scene.
- Police conducted a warrant service at a residence in the 600 block of Dorey Street. Officers made contact with the male who was wanted by the Clearfield County Sheriff’s Office. The male was taken into custody and housed in the Clearfield County Jail.
- Police were dispatched to a possible domestic dispute at a residence on North Third Street. Officers made contact with an adult male and female who were involved in the incident. Both individuals stated the argument was only verbal in nature. As a result, both were warned for their actions.
- Police were notified of a male walking along South Second Street near Park Avenue Extension. According to police, the male appeared to be staggering and intoxicated. Upon arrival, contact was made with the male, and it was determined that he was “manifestly under the influence of alcohol.” He was given a courtesy transport home and released to a sober adult. The male was cited for public drunkenness.
- Police received a report about two suspicious males Tuesday in the area of Deacon and River roads in Lawrence Township. Upon arrival, contact was made with 31-year-old Denny Daub of Clearfield, who police say was under the influence of a controlled substance and taken into custody. A search of his person allegedly turned up a “throwing ninja star” and a small amount of marijuana. Because he was found to be on adult probation, he was housed in county jail; charges were filed through the district court. Police say there was a second male on-scene, but he left in a motor vehicle.
- Police received information Wednesday that a wanted male was at the Edgewood Apartment Complex in Lawrence Township. According to police, it was learned that 34-year-old Jerry A. Lefort Jr., of Clearfield was at the complex, and he had a failure to appear warrant through the county’s Sheriff’s Office. Upon arrival, Lefort reportedly led officers on a foot pursuit, but he was eventually apprehended and taken into custody. He was subsequently housed in county jail on the warrant, and additional charges were filed for this incident through the district court.
- Police handled an incident of public drunkenness that occurred Tuesday on Firetower Road in Lawrence Township. While on patrol, police say a 57-year-old male was observed urinating along the road. Contact was made with the male and he was reportedly found to be intoxicated with an open container of beer in his car. Police requested that he call someone for a ride, and they arrived shortly after to take him home.