State police at Clearfield
- State police received a report about an incident of theft that occurred July 17. During the incident, two Philipsburg residents were allegedly scammed out of $1,100 after an unknown person who posed as a Facebook friend set them up. State police say they were contacted through a “Hangout” app through which the scammer claimed there was a large amount of money for them, but they first had to pay fees. State police are urging people to not respond under these types of circumstances.
- State police received a report about a domestic disturbance July 22 in the area of Ida and Coal streets in Chester Hill Borough. During the incident, a 39-year-old Philipsburg man allegedly caused minor injuries to a 28-year-old woman. Because of the nature of the incident (strangulation), the man was taken into custody and put in county jail to await arraignment. Charges will be filed through the district court.
- State police received a report about a trespassing incident July 26 on Ridge Avenue in Curwensville Borough. During the incident, two Curwensville men allegedly went onto the victim’s property without permission and drained her swimming pool because they were concerned about mosquitoes. Charges will be filed through the district court.
- Police received a report about several juveniles in an abandoned building Friday in the 100 block of West Weber Avenue. Upon arrival on-scene, police were unable to locate anyone inside.
- Police received a report about a disturbance Friday near the skate park in the City Park. Upon arrival, it was learned two juveniles had gotten into a physical altercation. Charges are currently pending against one juvenile.
- Police received a report about several people involved in a fight Friday in the kitchen of a residence in the 100 block of DuBois Street. Upon arrival on-scene, it was found those involved had been separated. Police also noted that the individuals didn’t want anyone to face charges.
- Police received a report about a juvenile causing a disturbance Friday in the City Park. Upon arrival on-scene, it was found they’d allegedly damaged a set of grandstands. The investigation is ongoing at this time.
- Police received a report about a male who was following a juvenile in and out of a business Friday in the 700 block of East DuBois Street. Upon arrival on-scene, it was found the male had left.
- Police were requested to check the welfare of a male Friday in the 100 block of Fuller Avenue. Upon arrival on-scene, contact was made with the male and he was found to be OK.
- Police responded to a two-vehicle crash Saturday at the intersection of North Brady Street and East Park Avenue. Upon arrival on-scene, police found there were no injuries, both vehicles were drivable and one female driver was under the influence of alcohol. She was taken into custody for suspicion of DUI and to the hospital for a legal blood draw. Charges are currently pending.
- Police received a report about a male who was passed out Saturday inside the laundromat at the intersection of West Long Avenue and Jared Street. Upon arrival on-scene, it was found he was highly intoxicated and he was arrested for public drunkenness. He was lodged in county jail on a 48-hour detainer.