State police at Clearfield
- State police arrested a 16-year-old boy Friday following a pursuit in the Houtzdale and Ramey area. Charges for fleeing and eluding an officer and DUI were forwarded to the Juvenile Probation Department.
- Police received a report about a landlord-tenant altercation on North Third Street. Upon arrival on-scene, officers learned the tenant had been evicted and allegedly caused problems. However, the tenant had left prior to police arrival.
- Police were requested to check on an East 10th Street resident who was having mental health issues. Police spoke to the male who was in the company of others and was not a threat to himself.
- Police handled a report of harassment along River Road.
- Police received a report about several individuals involved in an altercation on Weaver Street. Police were able to handle the situation on-scene and found the altercation was verbal in nature.
- Police received a report about a suspicious person Wednesday at Rural King. According to police, a 33-year-old Curwensville man was observed talking to himself and looking into vehicles. Contact was made with the man who clearly appeared to be under the influence of an unknown substance. Upon further investigation, police discovered the man, now identified as Tad Polites, was wanted through Domestic Relations. He was requested to be detained, at which point a search allegedly uncovered a Schedule V narcotic that he was not to be in possession of. Polites was housed in county jail and charges were filed through the district court.
- On Wednesday police received a report about a dog that was locked in a cage inside a garage at a Treasure Lake residence. According to police, the caller said they thought the owner was out of state. Prior to police arrival, they called back stating the owner was at the residence.
- On Wednesday police were contacted about a dog that was in a vehicle in the Wal-Mart parking lot. However, the vehicle was gone upon police arrival.
- On Wednesday police were contacted by a 39-year-old Treasure Lake woman who reported that her juvenile daughter was “out of control.” She told officers that they were arguing and her daughter was throwing furniture off the back porch. Police handled the situation without incident.
- Police received a report about a motor vehicle crash that occurred on Thursday. According to police, a vehicle driven by a 58-year-old Glen Campbell man failed to stop in time to avoid hitting a Sheetz tanker truck driven by a Martinsburg man that was stopped at a light on the Bee Line Highway. No injuries were reported as a result, and both vehicles were driven from the scene.
- On Thursday police were contacted by a 27-year-old woman who reported that her estranged husband was repeatedly contacting her, which was in violation of an active Protection from Abuse order. The man was arrested and transported to county jail.
- Police reported a false alarm that occurred at a Treasure Lake residence on Thursday.