State police at Clearfield
- State police received a report about an incident of scattering rubbish that occurred June 15 on Gray Hollow Road in Morris Township. During the incident, two known suspects were allegedly caught dumping wood chips, mulch and dirt from their vehicle onto posted private property. State police say charges aren’t being filed since all the material was removed from the property.
- State police received a report about a burglary June 23 at Starri Gas Station, located on Elizabeth Street, in Houtzdale Borough. Sometime overnight, someone allegedly broke into the business, cut locks on the Skills machines and then took money from inside. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-857-3800.
State police at DuBois
- State police received a report about a theft that occurred Wednesday on Egypt Road in Warsaw Township. According to state police, a 50-year-old Brockway man was scammed out of approximately $10,500. State police say the victim had been contacted by telephone regarding a $2,000,000 lottery jackpot. The investigation is ongoing at this time.
- Police are investigating a report of bad checks after an individual allegedly passed several at a local business.
- Police were requested to assist Crisis personnel with a mental health warrant on South Second Street. Police say a male was subsequently transported to the hospital for an evaluation.
- Police are continuing their investigation into a theft after a victim’s account information was allegedly used for several unauthorized purchases.
- Police received a report about an incident of trespassing. Upon arrival, it was learned that the individual had left, and there wasn’t any action required of police.
- Police received a report about a damaged window on Clearfield Street.
- Police reported that a drug violation occurred Thursday at the Edgewood Apartments. According to police, two suspicious individuals were encountered at the apartment complex. Subsequently, a 25-year-old Clearfield man was allegedly under the influence of marijuana and on adult probation. A search, police say, turned up a small amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Charges will be filed through the district court.
- Police received a report about an incident of retail theft that occurred June 15 at Rural King. During the incident, a woman allegedly concealed merchandise on the interior of her clothes, boots and backpack. For this, misdemeanor charges were filed against her through the district court.
- Police received a report about a retail theft that occurred June 16 at the Wal-Mart Supercenter in Clearfield. During the incident, a 37-year-old Clearfield woman brought her own shopping bags and allegedly began to bag merchandise without paying for it. Police say she’s been prohibited from being on store property since 2009 and also on probation. She was taken into custody, and housed in county jail; charges will be filed through the district court.
- On Tuesday police reported that a firearm was located in a rental facility at U-STOR-N-LOCK. It was left behind by the previous renter, and the investigation is ongoing at this time.
- Police received a report about a retail theft that occurred June 17 at the Wal-Mart Supercenter, Clearfield. During the incident, a female allegedly concealed several pieces of merchandise in her purse, then proceeded to leave the store. Employees attempted to stop the female; however, she ran to her vehicle and fled the area. Charges are currently pending at this time.