- Police received a report about a Protection from Abuse order violation that occurred Monday in the area of Interstate 80 and the Clearfield-Shawville Highway. During the incident, a male allegedly threatened the victim while they were sitting stationary at a stop sign. Charges have been filed and police have obtained a warrant for the male.
- Police received a report about a possible break-in on Walnut Street. According to police, upon arrival on-scene, it was learned the caller was under the influence of methamphetamine and it was having a psychological effect. Curwensville Ambulance subsequently transported the individual to Penn Highlands Clearfield Hospital.
- Police received a report about suspicious persons on Bloomington Avenue. Upon investigation, it was learned the individuals knew the owner of the duplex and had permission to be there.
- Police received a report of harassment from a Bressler Road resident. Upon investigation, an East Street resident was found to have posted an inappropriate comment on Facebook. He was subsequently requested to delete the comment.
- Police received a report about a reckless driver on Bloomington Avenue. Upon police arrival, the vehicle had already fled in an unknown direction.
- Police received a report of harassment by communications on Walnut Street. Police learned someone had allegedly been harassing another individual via Facebook.
- Police were contacted in reference to an incident of fraud by a Bailey Road resident. According to police, a product was purchased from a company that posed as Medicare. Police would like to remind residents to never provide any personal information out over the phone.
- Police received a report about a suspicious person in the area of Muller and Schofield streets. Upon arrival on-scene, a male was located walking around in only his socks. Police also say he was involved in an argument with his girlfriend over the phone. Police ultimately determined he was under the influence of a controlled substance, and he was transported to a residence of a sober friend. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- Police received a report about an intoxicated individual at the Snappy’s Convenience Store. Upon arrival, a male was allegedly found to have been driving under the influence of a controlled substance. Following a field sobriety test, police found he wasn’t capable of safely driving a vehicle. He was subsequently taken into custody and charged with DUI/controlled substance.
- Police received a noise complaint Sunday on DuBois Street. Upon arrival, officers heard faint voices and advised those involved to keep it down.
- On Sunday police were contacted after someone had allegedly thrown mud on the side of a male’s garage.
- Police received a report about a dispute on Sunday. According to police, a male said he’d gotten into the dispute with his girlfriend’s father after a recliner was delivered to his porch. He said her father had given it to her, but he didn’t want to bring it inside until a bed bug issue was resolved. Police advised the male he’d have to handle this issue himself; there wasn’t any action taken by police.
- Police received a report about males pushing each other near traffic in the area of Beaver Drive and Division Street. Upon arrival, police were unable to locate anyone in the area.
- On Sunday police were contacted about kids riding bicycles in the parking lot at St. Catherine’s Parish. At the time, the caller said there were also cars in the lot.