Below is a list of the candidates for Clearfield County District Attorney and links to their responses to a questionnaire for publication on GANT News.
The purpose of the questionnaire was so that voters could use candidates’ responses to gauge their views, experience and knowledge.
Each candidate was asked the same 10 questions. The questions were:
- Provide a brief professional and personal background.
- Why did you choose to run for the office of Clearfield County District Attorney?
- How many cases have you tried in court?
- What was most challenging case you tried and how did you navigate through it?
- If elected, what would be your top priority as Clearfield County District Attorney?
- What are the greatest challenges facing the District Attorney’s Office? If elected, how would you overcome them?
- How can the District Attorney play a role in addressing the Opioid Crisis?
- In what ways can a District Attorney positively impact such things as addiction and mental illnesses through the cases they are prosecuting?
- What specific efforts can the District Attorney make to interrupt the cycle of crime and address trauma in communities?
- What do you think makes you the better candidate for Clearfield County District Attorney?
Candidates were not limited in their responses; thorough, well-thought out responses were strongly encouraged. All three candidates responded to GANT’s questionnaire.