State police at Clearfield
- State police received a report about a theft that occurred Thursday or Friday on Cherry Corner Road in Ferguson Township. During the incident, someone allegedly took medications from the victim’s home. She said she had two pill organizers with one containing a week’s supply of pills and a bottle of Hydromorphone stolen. State police are continuing their investigation and anyone with information is asked to contact 814-857-3800.
- Police reported on a DUI that occurred Saturday on Daisy Street Extension. During a traffic stop, a 39-year-old Woodland man was allegedly found to be under the influence of alcohol with other passengers, including a 16-year-old, in the vehicle. He was taken to Penn Highlands Hospital for a legal blood draw; he was later released to a sober person. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- Police made contact with a 36-year-old Osceola Mills man Tuesday in the Sheetz parking lot, located on the Clearfield-Shawville Highway. He was found to be wanted through the county’s Sheriff’s Office, and he was ultimately taken into custody at which point he admitted to having recently smoked methamphetamine. However, he refused to submit to field sobriety tests and to a legal blood draw. Officers were granted consent to search his vehicle, which allegedly turned up stolen merchandise from a local store, multiple items of drug paraphernalia and a small amount of marijuana. Charges will be filed against the man.
- On Friday police were contacted by a 49-year-old woman who reported she was being harassed by her son’s 30-year-old ex-girlfriend. Officers handled the situation without incident.
- On Friday police were contacted by a 49-year-old man who reported that while he was at the Sandy Club, his ex-wife’s 52-year-old boyfriend threatened and harassed him. He said the man also followed him when he left but then went in a different direction.
- On Saturday police were contacted by a 57-year-old man who reported that he’d gotten into a physical fight with his girlfriend’s 24-year-old son after he disrespected his mother. After this, he said threats were made toward him. The son allegedly called the residence saying he’d show up and shoot the man.
- On Saturday police were contacted by a 55-year-old Treasure Lake woman who reported that while at the Box Car Brewery, someone took her purse from her vehicle. The suspect then allegedly tried to use her ATM card to withdraw funds from her account. Police are continuing their investigation at this time.
- On Saturday police were contacted by a 79-year-old DuBois man who reported a hit-and-run crash. He said while he was on South Highland Street approaching No. 2 Shaft Road, the driver of a gray sports utility vehicle pulled out and struck his vehicle. This, he said, caused it to spin around, then the SUV hit his vehicle again before fleeing the scene. No injuries and moderate damage were reported to police.
- On Sunday police were contacted by a 15-year-old Treasure Lake girl who reported that her 35-year-old step-mother and 43-year-old father were fighting. She said that her step-mother was hitting her dad, and she heard her threaten to shoot him. Police said the woman was uncooperative and eventually arrested; she was subsequently transported to Penn Highlands, because she requested an evaluation. She was later transported to the county jail.