State police at DuBois
- State police received a report about an incident of criminal mischief that occurred between Dec. 1 and Tuesday in the area of Sixth Street and Smithtown Road in Falls Creek Borough. During the incident, someone allegedly pushed over 13 headstones throughout the Taylor Memorial Cemetery. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-371-4652.
State police at Punxsutawney
- State police reported on a DUI that occurred Jan. 18 in the area of Town and Ridge roads in Burnside Township. During a traffic stop, a 56-year-old Westover man was allegedly found to be under the influence. Charges have been filed through the district court.
- Police received a report Wednesday from employees at the Depot who stated someone had discharged fire extinguishers in a railcar located on the property. Police are continuing their investigation at this time.
- On Wednesday police were contacted by an 18-year-old who reported that his 60-year-old neighbor followed him to a store in town; while inside, the man approached him but didn’t say anything. When the teen left the store, he saw the man standing next to his vehicle, so he went back inside and called police. However, the man left prior to police arrival on-scene.
- Police reported that two Treasure Lake residents were involved in a minor crash Thursday in the area of Eat ‘N Park on the Bee Line Highway. No injuries were reported as a result, and both vehicles were driven from the scene.
- Police responded to a motor vehicle crash Thursday. along the Behringer Highway. According to police, a vehicle driven by a 64-year-old Houtzdale woman slowed down due to a bus stopped in the opposite lane; its driver was waiting to turn into a parking lot. At the same time, a vehicle driven by a 40-year-old DuBois man rounded a bend and was unable to stop in time to avoid hitting the woman’s vehicle. It subsequently forced her vehicle into the front of the stopped school bus. Both drivers and a passenger were treated for injuries; both passenger vehicles were towed from the scene. The bus driver wasn’t injured in the crash, and police say, there weren’t any students on the bus. The bus had front, driver’s side bumper damage, and was driven off the roadway.
- Police received a report about a disturbance between a teen and his grandfather Thursday at a Treasure Lake residence. Upon arrival, police learned it was verbal in nature and handled the incident on-scene.