State police at DuBois
- State police are investigating the death of a 43-year-old Falls Creek woman that occurred between April 4 and Monday on Main Street in Falls Creek Borough, Jefferson County. State police say an autopsy has been scheduled on the deceased.
- Police were requested to assist emergency personnel with a patient on Leavy Avenue. However, officers were cancelled while en route.
- Police reported that a bag of garbage was found burning along the 1200 block of Daisy Street. Police found siding was also on fire; fire personnel were summoned to the scene.
- Police assisted Pennsylvania State Parole agents with taking a male into custody along Williams Street. He was allegedly in possession of methamphetamine, marijuana and drug paraphernalia. The male was arrested and arraigned on charges, then placed in jail to await his preliminary hearing.
- Police were requested to check the welfare of a female along Clearfield Street. Police located the female and learned she was OK.
- Police arrested a male for reportedly being highly intoxicated along South Fourth Street. He was found to be on probation and taken to county jail.
- Police arrested a male for reportedly being highly intoxicated along Ogden Avenue. He was subsequently transported to county jail.
- Police received a report about a child playing near the roadway without any adult supervision along Clearfield Street. Upon arrival, police were unable to locate anyone.
- Police received a noise complaint at a West Locust Street address. Police advised a female of the complaint.
- Police located a male for whom there was an active warrant along North Second Street. He was able to satisfy the warrant.
- Police responded to Temple Avenue and collected several syringes that were located there.
- Police assisted Lawrence Township police with a disturbance along Byers Street.
- Police were able to handle a harassment complaint along Dorey Street.
- Police received a report about an unruly 29-year-old man Friday at a Treasure Lake residence. Upon arrival, officers located him in the front yard and he became belligerent with police, emergency personnel and his relatives. He was taken into custody and transported to county jail with charges pending.
- On Saturday police were contacted by a 53-year-old Brookville woman who reported that she’d lost her iPhone while at a meeting at the Lakeview Lodge. It was later found in a restroom in the building, she said, and it was heavily damaged.
- On Saturday police were contacted by an Edinger Road man who reported that his dog was hit by a black Dodge pick-up that was towing a utility trailer. He said the driver fled the scene and headed north on state Route 255.
- On Saturday police were contacted by a 34-year-old Wasson Avenue woman who reported that her chocolate lab was missing.
- Police received a report about a suspicious vehicle parked in a Wasson Avenue driveway on Saturday. Upon investigation, officers found it was a 22-year-old Grampian woman who was waiting for her girlfriend. The situation was handled without incident.
- On Saturday police were contacted by a 24-year-old Weedville man who reported that he dropped two $100 bills in the Wal-Mart parking lot. He said when he went to retrieve them, a 22-year-old Penfield man was picking them up and refused to return them.
- On Sunday police were contacted by a board member of Dad’s Horseshoe Club, located on No. 2 Shaft Road, who reported that someone had broken into their building. However, police say there wasn’t anything missing.