State police at Clearfield
- State police received a report about an incident of criminal mischief that occurred Saturday on Main Street in Ramey Borough. During the incident, someone allegedly threw eggs at a residence. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-857-3800.
- State police received a report about an attempted arson at the Country Convenience Store in Morris Township. It’s believed the incident occurred around 11:30 p.m. Saturday; no further information was released, and the investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-857-3800.
- State police reported on a drug-related DUI that occurred Saturday at the Rainbow 2 Carwash in Lawrence Township. During a traffic stop, a 53-year-old Lanse man was allegedly found in possession of around 10 grams of crystal methamphetamine and numerous small, empty Ziploc bags were found inside his vehicle. He told state troopers he sold meth in this area for “extra money.” A PSP K-9 unit assisted on-scene, and charges of DUI and drug possession are currently pending.
- On Sunday state police reported that two dogs were found in the area of the Morrisdale-Allport Highway and Pine Street in Morris Township. According to state police, one dog appears to be a terrier with black, curly fur; the other appears to be a bulldog that’s white with some brown fur. Both dogs were taken to the Clearfield County SPCA.
State police at Ridgway
- State police received a report about a theft Friday at the Wal-Mart store in Fox Township. During the incident, someone allegedly removed a backpack and jacket from the victims’ shopping cart. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-776-6136.
- Police received a report about an assault that occurred Saturday on Carrs Hill Road in Lawrence Township. According to police, a 21-year-old Clearfield woman said a 55-year-old Clearfield man locked her out of her home after he’d approached her and her boyfriend, a 27-year-old Houtzdale man, with a baseball bat. On-scene, police learned the man had accused the couple of stealing his cigarettes, which caused an argument to break out. He allegedly struck the younger man repeatedly with the bat, which was evident in his minor injuries observed by officers. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- Police received a report about an alleged after-school fight April 3 on Ester Lane in Lawrence Township. According to police, it involved three female juveniles and was captured on a cell phone. The trio will be charged with simple assault, disorderly conduct and related offenses.
- Police reported on a drug-related DUI that occurred Sunday in the area of Bowman’s Hill and Goshen roads in Lawrence Township. According to police, a call was received about a male who was slumped over in his vehicle. When officers woke him, they saw syringes in the driver’s side door. The male was administered field sobriety tests and determined to be impaired. A search of the vehicle allegedly yielded more syringes and methamphetamine. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- Police received a report about a domestic between a mother and daughter Saturday at Edgewood in Lawrence Township. On-scene officers saw the daughter had a bloody nose and marks on her neck. When asked what happened, she said she’d been in a fight with her mother over text messages that her mother didn’t appreciate. Charges will be filed against the mother who was also allegedly found in possession of multiple needles, methamphetamine and other controlled substances. She was subsequently housed in Clearfield County Jail.
- Police reported on a warrant service Thursday at the Hyde Uni-Mart in Lawrence Township. According to police, information was received about a wanted person, Anna Sones, 31, of Clearfield, who was seen in the area of Graham Street and Washington Avenue. Upon arrival, officers took her into custody on outstanding warrants and she was allegedly found with a needle being used to inject methamphetamine. She was subsequently housed in county jail on warrants with charges pending.
- On April 2, police received a report about a vehicle that was damaged overnight. According to police, someone hit the mirror on the victim’s vehicle, then fled. Police located parts of the mirror further up the roadway; the investigation is ongoing at this time.
- Police received a report about a female stuck in her vehicle inside the wash bay at Your Favorite Car Wash, located at 400 W. DuBois Ave. She told police she’d pushed a garage door button while in the bay, but when she released it, the door closed before she was able to drive out. While en route, the female called back saying she was able to get out and wasn’t any longer in need of assistance.
- Police received a report about a break-in Friday in the 200 block of Morrison Street. However, when officers arrived on-scene, they found everything was OK.
- Police received a report about two males involved in a verbal dispute Friday at a business located in the 100 block of North Brady Street. Upon arrival, police found both had already left the scene.
- Police responded to a reported three-vehicle crash Saturday at the intersection of West Long Avenue and South Jared Street. Two vehicles were towed from the scene, and no injuries were reported to police.
- Police received a report about a fight Saturday in the 200 block of Mcloyd Terrace. Upon arrival on-scene, officers saw a male holding another male on the ground. When they were separated, police say one became belligerent and was apparently very intoxicated. He was taken into custody for public drunkenness and disorderly conduct, then put in county jail.
- Police received a report about people arguing Saturday in a parking lot of a business located in the 100 block of North Brady Street. Upon arrival, police found they’d already dispersed and that it was only verbal in nature.
- Police received a report about a disturbance Sunday in the 300 block of West Logan Avenue. Upon police arrival, everyone went inside.
- Police received a report about a verbal domestic Sunday in the 400 block of West Long Avenue. Upon arrival, police found it was over property and that it was a civil matter.
- Police received a report about a hit-and-run Sunday in the 400 block of Orient Avenue. On-scene, police collected the necessary information.
- On Sunday police received a report about a woman using drugs inside the restroom of a business located in the 100 block of North Brady Street. When contact was made with her, police found the 25-year-old Allport woman was allegedly under the influence of a controlled substance. She was taken into custody, at which point it was discovered she was in possession of a drug paraphernalia. Police transported the woman to Penn Highlands for a medical evaluation; the investigation is ongoing at this time.
- Police received a report about a slashed vehicle tire Sunday that might have happened at the City Park or Sheetz. The investigation is ongoing at this time.
- Police received a report about a stolen cell phone Sunday. Upon investigation, officers identified the 43-year-old DuBois male who took the phone. Police were able to make contact with him and recover it; charges are currently pending against him at this time.