WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP (EYT) – A 23-year-old man was recently caught on Interstate 80 in Washington Township with illegal drugs, blank credit cards and a stolen gun.
According to court documents, the Pennsylvania State Police Emergency and Special Unit filed the following criminal charges against 23-year-old Yianni Demitrios Sonitis of Bronx, N.Y.:
- Manufacture, Delivery, or Possession With Intent to Manufacture or Deliver, Felony
- Receiving Stolen Property, Felony 2
- Possession of Controlled Substance, Misdemeanor (three counts)
- Use/Possession Of Drug Paraphernalia, Misdemeanor
- Unlawful Device Making Equipment Possession, Misdemeanor 1
- Firearms Not To Be Carried Without a License
According to a criminal complaint, around 3:32 p.m. March 12, Trooper Fusco of the Pennsylvania State Police Western Canine Unit observed Sonitis operating a tan 2017 Hyundai Accent with a New York registration, traveling west on Interstate 80 near the 92 mile-marker in Washington Township, Jefferson County.
Trooper Fusco made contact with Sonitis, who was the only occupant of the vehicle.
According to the complaint, a search of the vehicle located the following:
- Approximately 92 grams of cocaine
- One pound and 1.2 ounces of marijuana
- Approximately 10 grams of MDMA (commonly known as ecstasy)
- Six Xanax pills
- 30 Zolpidem Tartrate pills
- Multiple drug packaging items and digital scales
- Various items of drug paraphernalia
- 14 blank credit cards
- An MSR606 credit card encoder
- A Fuze credit card reader
- A stolen Beretta 9 mm handgun with two magazines and 19 rounds of hollowpoint ammunition.
The complaint notes that through investigation, it was discovered that Sonitis did not have a concealed carry permit.
Sonitis was arraigned in front of Magisterial District Judge Gregory M Bazylak at 1:17 p.m. March 13.
Unable to post $200,000 monetary bail, he was lodged in the Jefferson County Jail.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for 11 a.m. April 25, with Magisterial District Judge David B. Inzana presiding.
Read more … http://www.explorejeffersonpa.com/.