CLEARFIELD – March 23 is Sportsmen’s Day in downtown Clearfield.
The third annual sportsmen’s show will be held from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. in the Clearfield YMCA gymnasium. Parking and admission are free for this family-friendly event.
The show’s exhibitors will include shooting, hunting and fishing clubs and vendors, kid’s activities, live presentations, food and more.
The show is being sponsored by the Clearfield Revitalization Corp. (CRC), Clearfield YMCA, Bob’s Army & Navy, CNB Bank, Grice Gun Shop, Jim’s Sports Center, Carns Equipment, Visit Clearfield County, WJAC-TV and Downtown Clearfield Merchants.
The show is being held in conjunction with special sales events at Bob’s Army & Navy, Grice Gun Shop, Jim’s Sports Center and other downtown merchants.
Schedule of Events:
- Show floor opens, Clearfield YMCA gymnasium
- Outdoor ATV displays, exhibitors and food
- Downtown Clearfield merchants open and offer sales
These free, live presentations will take place in the gymnasium.
- Intro to Maple Sugaring, Carey Huber, Environmental Education Specialist for Parker Dam State Park
- Geocaching 101, Presentation
11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Hands-on Euro-style Nymph Fly-fishing (swimming pool)
- Survival Techniques, Scott McKenzie
- Coyote Hunting, Tom Bechdel
1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- TU Women on the Water Fly-fishing
- Animal Encounters, Michelle McCloskey, Environmental Education Specialist for Black Moshannon State Park
- Quehanna Elk/Deer Shed, Presentation
Here are some other activities show attendees will enjoy:
9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Cessna Taxidermy Display
9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Smokey Bear will visit the show throughout the day.
10 a.m. – 12 p.m. –
- Bigfoot Live Broadcast
11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- PA Wildlife Habitat, Making Bird Houses (cost is $2)
1:30 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Reptile Wonders will present a hands-on, interactive experience featuring exotic species, including bearded dragons, monitor lizards, boas, pythons and more.
The CRC will have 50/50 raffle tickets for sale at the show. Each ticket costs $5 and will earn the buyer a chance to win a cash prize. You don’t need to be present to win.
In addition, the CRC will have tickets available for its “Spring is Brewing” event. It’s being held from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. Friday, May 3 in downtown Clearfield.
CRC will also spontaneously give away random door prizes during the sportsmen’s show event.
For more information, call 814-765-6000 or visit www.DiscoverClearfield.com. You can also find the Clearfield Revitalization Corp. on Facebook.