State police at Clearfield
- State police received a report about a camp burglary that occurred between Feb. 16 and Friday on Turkey Road in Cooper Township. During the incident, someone allegedly stole three, small propane tanks from the camp. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-857-3800.
- State police received a report about a Protection from Abuse order violation Saturday on Miller Road Extension in Gulich Township. Charges have been filed concerning this incident.
- Police received a noise complaint that occurred on East Eighth Street.
- Police received a report about a minor motor vehicle crash at the intersection of West Front and Bridge streets. When the drivers began to exchange information, police say it was discovered that the driver – who was at fault – didn’t have insurance for their vehicle.
- Police received a report about a disorderly, intoxicated male at a local establishment. Upon arrival on-scene, he was found yelling outside. He was subsequently arrested for public drunkenness.
- Police responded to a reported alarm at a local business. However, it was found to have been set off accidently.
- Police received a report about an intoxicated male who was causing problems and refusing to leave a local establishment. Police approached the male and removed him from the premises; he was subsequently arrested for his conduct.
- Police located a disabled motorist along Bigler Avenue. Officers found a male to have warrants for his arrest through the Lawrence Township police
- Police received a report about someone allegedly breaking into vehicles on West Fifth Avenue.
- Police reported on a drug-related DUI that occurred Friday at the Hyde Uni-Mart parking lot. According to police, a 24-year-old Clearfield woman was passed out inside a running vehicle. When contact was made with her, she was allegedly found to be under the influence of a controlled substance. She was subsequently taken to the hospital for a blood test; the investigation is pending at this time.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of harassment that occurred Friday on Industrial Park Road. The investigation is ongoing at this time.
- Police reported on a drug violation that occurred Sunday on Graham Street near Uni-Mart. When contact was made with a 42-year-old Wallaceton woman, police allegedly found a glass pipe and a small amount of marijuana in her vehicle. Charges have been filed against her for this incident.
- Police reported on an incident of DUI that occurred Saturday on the Clearfield-Curwensville Highway. During a traffic stop, a 30-year-old Clearfield man was allegedly found to have an open container of alcohol in his vehicle and to have been drinking. Police administered field sobriety tests and observed signs of impairment; the man was subsequently taken to the hospital for a blood test. Police later released him to a sober person with charges currently pending.
- Police received a report about an overdose Friday on Baneyville Road. According to police, a male had ingested LSD and experienced a negative reaction. He was taken to the hospital and the investigation is ongoing at this time.
- On March 6, police responded to a report of a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of Beaver Drive and Division Street. According to police, a female driver was traveling east and came to a stop before turning left onto Division Street. A male driver turned right onto Beaver Drive at the same time, crossing the center lane and striking the female’s vehicle. His vehicle reportedly caused damage to the female’s vehicle, plus a stop sign and guardrail. The drivers exchanged insurance information and police cited the male for the crash.
- Police were requested to assist Domestic Relations personnel with a warrant service March 6 on Grant Street. According to police, a strong odor of marijuana was detected at the residence, and a male subject showed DRO personnel where it was being grown inside. Police subsequently arrived on-scene and seized all the plants; the investigation is currently pending at this time.
- Police responded to a report of a deer-versus-vehicle crash March 6 at the intersection of Beaver Drive and Jeffers Street. Upon arrival, it was found the driver’s pick-up truck was damaged from the impact but still able to be driven from the scene. An officer was able to get the deer off the roadway and take it into the woods.
- Police responded to a reported two-vehicle crash Friday on Beaver Drive near the intersection with Shaffer Road. According to police, a driver pulled out of a lot, and their vehicle was struck by an oncoming vehicle. No injuries were reported and both vehicles were towed from the scene.
- Police received a report Friday about the alleged theft of items from a garage in the 300 block of South State Street.
- Police received a report about a domestic dispute Friday between a male and his son in the 500 block of South Main Street. Police say the boy left for a short time but did return. No charges will be filed at this time.
- Police received a report about a burglary Friday in the 400 block of Hubert Street. During the incident, someone allegedly stole various items, including firearms, from a residence.
- On Saturday police were advised of a deer-versus-vehicle crash in the 500 block of Maple Avenue. No injuries were reported, and the vehicle was driven from the scene. Police say the deer was deceased and would be removed by a Pennsylvania Game Commission contractor within 48 hours.
- Police received a report about an alleged scam Saturday. According to police, a woman was contacted by phone by someone claiming to be with S&T Bank’s fraud department. She was asked to provide her pin, so that the caller could handle fraudulent charges that were to be on her account. She refused and then called the bank, which confirmed it was a scam.
- Police received a report about a hit-and-run crash Saturday. According to police, witnesses saw a blue-colored van with a PA Wildlife plate strike a stop sign at the intersection of First Street and West DuBois Avenue. It then left the scene and was also leaking fuel. Police were able to follow the fuel trail to a residence, and the driver will face charges. The DuBois Fire Department assisted with the fuel spill.
- On Sunday police received a report about an alarm at a McCracken Run Road business. Upon arrival, police found an open door and following a check, everything was found to be in order. A keyholder responded to the scene to secure the door.
- Police are investigating the death of a 45-year-old man that occurred in the 400 block of Pifer Street. There aren’t any suspicious circumstances, police say.
- On Sunday police received a report about a woman who was ill and sitting outside Sheetz on North Brady Street. Upon arrival, police learned she was homeless and appeared to be ill and cold; she was subsequently taken to the hospital by ambulance.