State police at Ridgway
- State police investigated a fire Wednesday at 460 Santo Domingo Court in Sandy Township. According to the fire marshal’s report, it damaged a single-family home. The residents were present when the fire broke out in the basement area. State police found it was accidental in nature and that damage was around $100,000. No injuries were reported.
- State police investigated a structure fire Feb. 23 at 1723 Stanley Rd., in Brady Township. According to the fire marshal’s report, it was ruled accidental in nature and estimated damage totaled $50,000; the Luthersburg couple didn’t have insurance, however. State police say an adult and young child were at home at the time of the fire but escaped without injury.
- Police received a report about an incident of trespassing Wednesday at the Edgewood Apartments. Upon arrival on-scene, officers also learned a 50-year-old Clearfield man was allegedly in violation of a Protection from Abuse order. He was taken into custody and detained on a probation violation; he was subsequently housed in county jail.
- Police received a report about an incident of disorderly conduct that occurred Wednesday at the Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School. During the incident, a 13-year-old male student allegedly threatened another student at the bus stop and at the school. Police say he also came into the school and made a threat toward a family member after which the school resource officer was notified. The SRO was able to locate the student and investigate the incident after which an arrest was made. The SRO was assisted by juvenile probation.
- Police reported a false alarm Monday at a Treasure Lake residence.
- Police reported a false alarm Monday at Staples.
- Police were contacted Monday by a 74-year-old Lincoln Drive woman who reported receiving harassing sales calls regarding Medicaid. She said the calls did not stop, even though she told the caller to stop contacting her. Officers handled the situation without incident.
- On Monday police arrested a 38-year-old Maple Avenue man after he was allegedly seen by his neighbors attempting to take a chair from their apartment. He was transported to county jail and charges have been filed against him.
- Police were contacted Tuesday by a 93-year-old Sandy Township man who reported receiving a call from an unknown male regarding home improvements that he didn’t know anything about. He hung up prior to providing any personal information.
- Police were contacted Tuesday by a representative with a collection agency in New Jersey. According to police, when an agent called a number in the Sandy Township area, a male made overt threats toward them and the company itself. Officers located the male and handled the situation without incident.