State police at Clearfield
- State police are investigating an incident of forgery that occurred Jan. 22 at a financial institution in Graham Township. During the incident, someone allegedly attempted to cash a check from a closed account.
- State police received a report about an incident of harassment that occurred Friday on Glendale Valley Boulevard in Reade Township, Cambria County. During the incident, a 28-year-old Fallentimber man and a 26-year-old Clearfield woman engaged in a verbal altercation. It allegedly turned physical when he shoved her to the ground. Charges have been filed through the district court in Cambria County.
- Police received a report about an unwanted person at the Trinity United Methodist Church in Clearfield. Upon arrival, police located the male in the basement and escorted him out.
- Police assisted a resident with entering her residence after her door became stuck.
- Police responded to a reported mental health issue on South Fourth Street. An individual was subsequently transported to the hospital for treatment.
- Police properly disposed of a syringe that was located on Bridge Street.
- Police conducted a vehicle stop after a minor traffic violation and discovered the driver had an active warrant for his arrest.
- Police received a report about possible drug activity in the East End area.
- Police received a report about drug paraphernalia being found at the Swish Swash Laundromat.
- Police were requested to check the welfare of a 27-year-old Clearfield woman Sunday in the Dollar Tree parking lot along Plaza Drive. According to police, she had sent a message about wanting to harm herself. Officers assisted the female with transport to the hospital for a mental health evaluation and treatment.
- On Sunday police received a report about a bad check from a closed account. According to police, a member of the Hyde Fire Hall made multiple calls to a 28-year-old man to pay for Bingo. However, he allegedly made multiple excuses about why he couldn’t pay back the fire hall. Charges will be filed against him as a result.
- Police reported on an incident of DUI that occurred Friday at the Rite Aid parking lot along the Clearfield-Curwensville Highway. According to police, a 34-year-old DuBois man was passed out in his vehicle with his foot still on the brake. Officers secured his vehicle and determined he was under the influence of a controlled substance. Police also learned he was wanted on warrants through Domestic Relations and for unpaid fines. When he was taken into custody, police allegedly found him in possession of multiple pipes and items of drug paraphernalia. Police had him lodged in county jail with charges pending.
- Police received a report on Friday about an incident of theft. In commission of the crime, a known DuBois male allegedly used the victim’s bank account to order merchandise without his permission. Police are continuing their investigation at this time.
- On Saturday police were on routine patrol when a crash occurred in the 200 block of West Long Avenue. According to police, a driver backed their vehicle into another vehicle. Police assisted with the exchange of information.
- On Saturday police received a report about an alleged domestic assault that occurred at a Spring Avenue residence. According to police, a female said her boyfriend had assaulted her, and injuries were observed on her face, inner cheek, forehead and neck. Police filed charges against a 29-year-old DuBois man but were unable to locate him. Later on, he was found and taken into custody on the domestic violence charges. He was subsequently transported to county jail for arraignment.
- Police observed a suspicious vehicle Saturday while it blocked West Fir Alley for several minutes. It was moved but the driver returned a short time later; the vehicle continued to block the roadway. When contact was made with the male driver, he was allegedly found in possession of a set of brass knuckles and drug paraphernalia. Charges are currently pending against a 39-year-old Curwensville man.