State police at Punxsutawney
- State police reported on a DUI that occurred Jan. 18 in the area of Town and Ridge roads in Burnside Township. According to state police, a 56-year-old Westover man, Ronald Bennett, was stopped for driving on the right side of the roadway. He was allegedly found to be driving under the influence. Charges have been filed through the district court.
State police at DuBois
- State police received a report about an incident of criminal mischief that occurred Jan. 31 on West Liberty Road in Winslow Township. According to state police, two mailboxes were hit and the investigation is ongoing at this time. Also, it was noted that several others were hit nearby in Sandy Township, which is being handled by township police. State police say a Chevrolet pick-up truck with a V snow plow is suspected of causing the damage. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-371-4652.
- Police received a report about a disturbance on East 11th Street. Upon arrival, it was found the altercation was over a cell phone. Those involved were advised of their conduct and to be civil.
- Police reported on a traffic stop along Bridge Street, during which the passenger was found to have an active warrant. However, they were able to satisfy the warrant on-scene.
- Police responded to a parking complaint on Clearfield Street. Upon arrival on-scene, the vehicle was being moved and no further action was necessary.
- Police responded to a report of a reckless driver on North Front Street. Upon arrival, police searched the area but were unable to locate the vehicle.
- Police received a report about a disabled vehicle blocking traffic on Weaver Street. Upon arrival, police found the vehicle was off the roadway and not causing a hazard.
- Police assisted emergency personnel with a male who had overdosed on alcohol and pain medication on West Locust Street. The male was subsequently transported to the hospital.
- Police received a report about an adult female who had been missing. However, she was located and found to be OK.
- Police responded to reported gunshots in the area of Williams and Smith streets. Lawrence Township police assisted at the scene and determined the noise was due to firecrackers being set off after the Super Bowl.
- Police received a report about suspected drug activity in a vehicle Friday along 21st When officers made contact with the vehicle’s occupants, there was an odor of marijuana and drug paraphernalia was seen in plain view. A search of the vehicle allegedly turned up additional drug paraphernalia and methamphetamine. Charges will be filed against a 22-year-old woman and a 26-year-old man, both of Clearfield.
- Police received a report about a theft that occurred Saturday at Hotel Heights in Clearfield. During the incident, someone allegedly took a truck grille from the victim’s vehicle.
- Police conducted a traffic stop, on a vehicle operated by a Flinton, Pa. man, Monday on the Clearfield-Shawville Highway. Hunter Asbell, 21, was allegedly under the influence of marijuana while having two juveniles inside the vehicle with him. Police say a search turned up a small amount of marijuana and related drug paraphernalia. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- Police received a report about retail theft incidents that occurred between Oct. 22 and Jan. 28 at the Wal-Mart Supercenter in Clearfield. According to police, a male suspect switched price labels on merchandise and didn’t pay the full retail price. The incidents were captured on video surveillance, and pictures were taken of the suspect and his vehicle. Police say the male hasn’t been identified and charges are currently pending.
- Police reported on a drug-related DUI that occurred Saturday at the Clearfield Mall parking lot. According to police, there was a suspicious vehicle in the lot during the early-morning hours. Upon investigation, it was found a 34-year-old Clearfield woman was allegedly under the influence of controlled substances and in possession of various pills. Charges are currently pending.
- Police observed a black Subaru hatchback sitting sideways Jan. 31 in the northbound lane of North Main Street. According to police, it appeared the vehicle had hit a snow bank, and a female was walking around outside. When contact was made, she reportedly had bloodshot and watery eyes, and there was a slight odor of an alcoholic beverage. She told police she had just left the bar, and her vehicle started to malfunction just minutes prior to their arrival. While she retrieved her driver’s license from the vehicle, police saw a beverage on ice in a clear plastic cup. The female – when asked – turned the beverage over to police, and it had the odor of an alcoholic beverage. Police emptied the cup and the vehicle was towed from the scene. Police will cite the female for having an open container.