State police at Clearfield
- State police reported on a drug-related DUI that occurred Saturday in the 900 block of Schoolhouse Road in Morris Township. According to state police, a 22-year-old Hawk Run woman was traveling south when her vehicle slid into a ditch. Upon investigation, it was found that she was allegedly driving while under the influence of a controlled substance. Also, state police say that she provided three, different names; she was taken into custody and the trooper determined her identity. At this time, it was discovered there were active warrants for her. State police transported the woman to the hospital for a legal blood draw, then to county jail.
- State police received a report about an all-terrain vehicle theft that occurred between Jan. 12 and Jan. 14 from the area of Seymour and Fulton streets in Morris Township. During the incident, someone took the victim’s 2007 Honda TRX450 from behind a shed at his residence. The ATV was red and black in color with Rockstar stickers on its body. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-857-3800.
- State police received a report about a theft that occurred between Jan. 16 and Saturday on Powell Street in Morris Township. During the incident, someone allegedly stole the victim’s MTD riding lawnmower that was green and yellow in color. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-857-3800.
State police at Ridgway
- State police investigated a fire that occurred at 3:17 a.m. Friday at 225 Bailey Rd., Curwensville. According to the report, the fire destroyed a 12’ by 24’ garage and damaged a camper parked nearby. No injuries were reported as a result; damage was estimated at $40,000. State police are continuing their investigation at this time. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-776-6136.
- Police received a report about an incident of theft/fraud Friday. During the incident, someone allegedly made an unauthorized purchase in California, totaling $191.63, on a Clearfield resident’s bank card account.
- Police received a report about contraband Friday at the Clearfield County Jail. During the incident, an inmate brought a suspected controlled substance into the jail. Police seized the contraband, which will be sent for analysis. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- Police received a report about an incident of disorderly conduct Thursday at the Wal-Mart Supercenter in Clearfield. According to police, two Clearfield males engaged in a verbal altercation that turned physical. Upon review of surveillance video, police determined both males acted aggressively and disorderly in a dispute over approximately $40. Both males will be cited for the incident.