State police at Clearfield
- State police received a report about a burglary that occurred Jan. 1 at Shed World Inc., Philipsburg. During the incident, someone gained entry to a fenced in area where the victim kept several all-terrain vehicles. They allegedly stole a 2017 Bad Boy Off-Road Stampede 900 that’s green and black in color. Then, they fled the scene. State police are continuing their investigation at this time; anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-857-3800.
State police at Punxsutawney
- State police received a report about an alleged Protection from Abuse order violation that occurred Dec. 21 on Heathville Road in Summerville Borough. Charges were filed against Matthew Bookamer, 37, of Clarion for indirect criminal attempt.
- Police assisted a motorist who had locked their keys inside their vehicle on South Third Street.
- Police were requested to check the welfare of a female on South Fourth Street. Further, police found she was OK and in good health.
- Police received a report about a woman yelling for help on North Second Street. Upon arrival, police found she was in need of medical assistance and summoned emergency services.
- Police received a report about a stolen bicycle that was allegedly removed from the porch of an East Pine Street residence.
- Police responded to a minor, two-vehicle crash on North Front Street. According to police, a driver attempted to merge into another lane, striking the rear of another vehicle. No injuries were reported as a result, and both vehicles were driven from the scene.
- Police arrested a female along Clearfield Street after she was found to have an active arrest warrant through the Clearfield County Sheriff’s Office. She was subsequently transported to the county jail.
- Police reported that a bank card was turned in after being located along Nichols Street. Police were able to contact the owner and return it.
- Police received a report about a U-Haul vehicle being stuck on the railroad tracks in the area of West Pine and Williams streets.
- Police received a report about a suspicious person in the area of North Fourth Street. Upon arrival, police learned the person had permission to be there.
- Police received a report about an activated vehicle alarm on North Second Street. Upon arrival, police were unable to locate anything.
- Police received a report about a suspicious male on South Fourth Street. Upon arrival, police located the male who was reportedly concealing a firearm when he did not have a permit. He was arrested and charged with various offenses.
- On Saturday police conducted a traffic stop on Route 879 that resulted in a DUI and drug violation. While speaking with the driver – a 21-year-old Curwensville man – he was allegedly found to have recently smoked marijuana. Police say he was also found in possession of a small amount of marijuana, a grinder and a glass pipe. Police took the man into custody and to the hospital for a legal blood draw. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- Police conducted a traffic stop Sunday in the Hampton Inn parking lot on Industrial Park Road. Upon investigation, the driver – a 36-year-old Clearfield woman – was found to be under the influence of marijuana and alcohol. Police say she was also found in possession of a small amount of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. She was subsequently taken for a legal blood draw and released to a sober person. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- Police conducted a traffic stop Sunday in the area of Turnpike Avenue and Mill Road that resulted in a DUI and drug violation. When contact was made with the vehicle’s occupants – a 30-year-old man and a 43-year-old woman, both of Clearfield – both were allegedly under the influence. While the man was completing field sobriety tests, police say the woman became irate and disorderly; she had to be ordered to stop several times. Police took the male into custody for DUI and being in possession of a controlled substance. At this time, the woman became even more irate and she was taken into custody for disorderly conduct. Police say drug paraphernalia was observed in plain view and a subsequent search allegedly turned up several types of controlled substances. Charges are currently pending against the couple.
- Police reported on a DUI that occurred Sunday in the area of River Road and Plaza Drive. According to police, a vehicle operated by a 47-year-old Clearfield man traveled out of its lane several times. When contact was made with the man, he was allegedly found to be under the influence of alcohol to the degree that he wouldn’t have been able to safely operate a vehicle. He was taken into custody and to the hospital for a legal blood draw; charges are currently pending at this time.
- Police received a report about a domestic dispute Saturday on Ross Drive. During their investigation, police found that a 57-year-old Clearfield man was allegedly under the influence and had pushed his wife into the wall after a disagreement. He was lodged in county jail where he was found in possession of five bags of suspected methamphetamine.
- Police responded to a motor vehicle crash Sunday in the area of the Clearfield-Woodland Highway/U.S. Route 322 and Charles Road. According to police, a driver failed to stop their vehicle at a stop sign before entering Route 322. It traveled across both lanes, at which point it collided with an eastbound vehicle. Police say both drivers are suspected of driving under the influence; charges are currently pending at this time.
- Police received a report about a theft Sunday on West Pauline Drive. During the incident, someone allegedly removed a bronze buffalo statue, valued at approximately $4,000, from the victim’s yard. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact township police.