- While on routine patrol during the early-morning hours Friday, police observed a male, later identified as Michael Pino, 44, of Olanta, walking on the roadway in the area of Kwik Fill on South Second Street. Police say he was “staggering and stumbling” and found to be highly intoxicated, having been at a local bar and walking home. Pino was taken into custody, at which point he became aggressive toward police. Upon transport to the county jail, police say his behavior continued toward staff there. Police have cited Pino for the incident.
- Police reported a false alarm at Hawbaker Inc. on Tuesday.
- Police reported a false alarm at Rent A Center on Tuesday.
- On Tuesday police received a report from Treasure Lake Security, which stated that a vehicle damaged the back gate after a resident’s card apparently failed to open it. Police handled the situation without incident.
- On Tuesday police received a report about an attempted break-in at a South Brady Street residence. According to police, the caller’s 22-year-old estranged boyfriend was located and related he’d been living at the home but was locked out after a dispute the evening before. He said after trying to enter through a window, he backed out and left. Police handled the situation without incident.
- On Wednesday police received a report about an unauthorized purchase, totaling $568, on a resident’s credit card. Police say an item arrived at his home and was returned for an account credit. Police are encouraging residents to closely monitor their personal information and accounts, so that fraudulent activity can be handled immediately.
- On Thursday police received a report from an elderly resident about a scam phone call. She said the call came from a local cell phone number but was about credit card debt. Because she recognized this call as a scam, she hung up.
- On Thursday police received a report from Treasure Lake Security, which had information that someone had been hunting from a vehicle near the stump dump. However, police were unable to locate a valid registration by the plate number reported to them.