State police at Clearfield
- State police handled an incident involving a fugitive from justice Monday on Mathews Road in Penn Township. According to the report, a 41-year-old Grampian woman was “randomly knocking” on doors to different residences to ask for a ride. She was later found to be wanted on an outstanding warrant in New Jersey. She was subsequently taken into custody.
- Police reported that a driver’s license was found along East Market Street. It was returned to its owner.
- Police arrested a male on an arrest warrant and probation violation after he was located at a residence along East Market Street.
- Police received a report about a possible drunken motorist on West Front Street heading toward town from the Rockton Mountain Highway. However, police checked the area with negative results.
- Police received a report about a male looking into vehicles in the area of Vanvalzah Avenue and East Market Street. However, police searched the area and were unable to locate anyone.
- Police received a report about a theft Tuesday at Country Auto Sales. During the incident, someone allegedly stole two inspection stickers from vehicles on the car lot. Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 814-765-1647.
- Police received a report about a theft during the early-morning hours Wednesday at Carns Equipment. In commission of the crime, a suspicious male was operating a black truck that pulled a large, white enclosed trailer. He was allegedly loading items into the trailer after hours. Police are continuing their investigation at this time.