COALPORT – The Clearfield County Area Agency on Aging Inc. will be offering Chronic Pain Self–Management (CDSM) classes at the Coalport Center for Active Living, Glendale Medical Center Complex, 850 R. Main St., Coalport.
The CDSM class is an evidence-based program given two-and-a-half hours, once a week, for six weeks. Subjects covered include:
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility and endurance
- Appropriate use of medications
- Communicating effectively with friends, family and health care professionals
- Decision making and how to evaluate new treatments
Classes are free and will be held on Fridays, beginning Jan. 11 and ending on Feb. 15, 2019, from 9:30 a.m. until 12 p.m.
This is a six-session series. Please plan to attend every session to get the full benefit of the course.
Act now because class size is limited. For information or to register, please call Mary Ellen at the Coalport Center for Active Living, 814-672-3574.
Programs and services of the agency are funded in part by the Pennsylvania Department of Aging, the Clearfield County Area Agency on Aging, Inc., Mature Resources Foundation and local and consumer contributions.