State police at Clearfield
- State police received a report about a burglary that occurred Nov. 7 on Millstone Road in Bradford Township. According to state police, someone entered the victim’s camp through the front door and removed several items. They also allegedly entered a shed by removing part of the exterior aluminum wall and removed several items from inside. Then, they fled the scene. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-857-3800.
State police at DuBois
- State police reported a DUI that occurred Saturday on Route 322 in Union Township. According to state police, a vehicle operated by a 24-year-old Altoona man was stopped for summary traffic violations. The trooper observed signs of impairment and detected a strong odor of alcohol. State police subsequently arrested the man for DUI and other summary traffic offenses, which are pending blood test results.
State police at Punxsutawney
- State police received a report about a theft that occurred Nov. 26-27 on Route 36/Alaska Road in Rose Township. During the incident, someone allegedly stole approximately $5,000 worth of copper telephone cable from reels located in the S&S Communications parking lot/storage facility. State police are continuing their investigation at this time. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-938-0510.
State police at Ridgway
- State police responded to a DUI-related crash Saturday on the Bennetts Valley Highway in Jay Township. Upon arrival on-scene, it was determined the driver – a 25-year-old Weedville man – was under the influence of alcohol. He was subsequently placed under arrest and transported to Penn Highlands Elk for a legal blood draw. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- State police received a report about an incident of criminal mischief that occurred Nov. 25 on Route 3002 in Millstone Township. During the incident, someone allegedly broke an outdoor street light. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-776-6136.
- State police reported on a drug violation that occurred Friday in the 100 block of Kane Street in Jones Township. According to state police, a call was received about a suspicious vehicle, and upon arrival, it was determined there was “drug-related activity.” As a result, a K-9 trooper was summoned to the scene, and alerted to the presence of illegal drugs. Subsequent to that, a search of the vehicle allegedly yielded heroin, methamphetamine and related paraphernalia. State police arrested Ronald Lucore, 31, of James City through the district court.
- Police received a report about an alleged incident of retail theft Saturday at the Family Dollar Store. After being confronted by store employees, the suspects, identified as Tyler Timko, 28, and Harley Daniels, 28, both of Clearfield, fled via an emergency exit. Upon arrival on-scene, officers were in a short foot pursuit to the Economy Inn, where both were taken into custody. Daniels was found to have outstanding warrants and was housed in county jail. Summary charges have been filed in the incident.
- Police received a report about an incident of public drunkenness Friday in the area of the Family Dollar store. Upon arrival, police located a Clearfield male who was allegedly heavily intoxicated and stumbling around while carrying an empty beer mug. He was taken into custody and housed in county jail on a probation violation. Police cited the male for the incident.