The Clearfield County Solid Waste Authority would like to recognize the volunteers who participated in this fall’s week-long Clearfield County Illegal Dump Clean-up event that was held Oct. 22-26.
Our county solid waste enforcement officer identified 15 sites in eight municipalities and requested for volunteers to assist.
While tackling 15 sites was a very aggressive goal, a great turnout of volunteers and municipal support resulted in 11 sites being partially or completely cleaned up.
We filled a 30-yard dumpster and a 15-yard dumpster, plus collected 64 tires for recycling.
We would like to recognize the following volunteers and organizations for contributing to our success:
- BH Tree Service, State College
- Senior Environment Corps Clearfield County
- Young People Who Care, Frenchville
- Cooper Township
- Bob Johnston, Cooper Township resident · Lawrence Township
- Decatur Township
- Elena English, Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School student
- Clearfield County Solid Waste Authority staff, Agatha Lauder-English, Amanda Davis and Jodi Brennan
We would like to thank you for caring about your community. Together you all helped to return your community to a clean and beautiful place to live.
Even if it’s just picking up a bag of fast food trash along the road, your efforts do make a difference.