State police at Ridgway
- State police investigated a report of sexual assaults that occurred between Oct. 1, 2014 and Oct. 6 in Ridgway Township. Michael Chittester, 26, of Ridgway allegedly raped a 10-year-old girl and molested a 5-year-old girl over an approximate four-year period. Chittester has been arrested and charged with 200 counts each of rape, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, aggravated indecent assault, indecent exposure and indecent assault and one count of corruption of minors. Chittester was arraigned with his bail being set at $50,000 monetary, and he was remanded to the Elk County Prison.
- State police investigated a fire that occurred Tuesday on Veterans Street in Gulich Township. State police haven’t’ yet determined the cause of the fire; however, damage has been estimated at $20,000. The victim didn’t have any insurance, according to state police. No injuries were reported as a result.
- While on routine patrol early Friday morning in the Wal-Mart area, police recognized a female, identified as Tessa Robison, 27, of Clearfield, for whom there was an active warrant for through the department. Upon being taken into custody, she was allegedly found in possession of various controlled substances and paraphernalia. Police say Robison was able to satisfy her warrant and was later released from their custody. However, charges were filed against her for the drug violation.
- Police responded to a motor vehicle crash Thursday on Daisy Street Extension near the Clearfield Mall. According to the report, a female driver turned left onto the state Route 879 on-ramp and failed to yield to oncoming traffic. As a result, her vehicle struck another in its front, passenger’s side. Both vehicles were towed from the scene; one person was transported to the hospital for medical treatment. Police noted the female driver didn’t see the other vehicle due to heavy rainfall at the time of the crash.
- Police received a report about a fight involving two juveniles Wednesday at the Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School. Charges will be filed against both juveniles for their actions.
- Police received a report about a domestic in progress Tuesday on Dorey Street Extension. A witness called 911 and related he/she could hear yelling and screaming coming from his/her neighbor’s residence. He/she also stated that a female was possibly picked up and thrown to the ground. Upon investigation, police found the male had allegedly pushed his ex-girlfriend to the ground and fled the scene. When contact was made with him, he stated she had also pushed him around and it caused him to retaliate and push her back. As a result, police cited both for disorderly conduct.