State police at Clearfield
- State police received a report about a theft that occurred Friday on Cross Roads Boulevard in Beccaria Township. During the incident, suspects allegedly removed items from a residence they were renting, including a Honda generator, a hot water heater, Black & Decker sawsall and jig saw, a Craftsman Skillz saw, a black chair and a microwave. State police noted that the victims are in the process of suing the suspects civilly for the stolen items.
State police at DuBois
- State police received a report about an incident of terroristic threats, simple assault and stalking that occurred Sunday at the Beechwood Golf Course. According to state police, William M. Koppenhaver Jr., 45, of Penfield followed his estranged wife and her significant other to the golf course. He is suspected of using a tracking device on her truck, as witnesses saw him underneath it. He allegedly brandished a knife and threatened her new significant other before fleeing the scene. Koppenhaver was apprehended without incident and transported to the Jefferson County Jail for his arraignment. State police are continuing their investigation at this time.
- Police received a report about a theft of medication. During the incident, someone allegedly removed the victim’s medication from her vehicle in the Clearfield area.
- Police responded to a reported Protection from Abuse order violation on North Second Street. As a result, a male was arrested and transported to the jail.
- Police received a report about a suspicious male who appeared to be impaired on Nichols Street. However, police spoke to the male and found he was not impaired.
- Police responded to a reported trespassing incident on Clearfield Street. Upon arrival, police spoke to the landlord who related the rear door was broken and there was concern that someone was possibly inside. However, police did not locate anyone inside the residence.
- Police responded to a 911 hang-up call along Turnpike Avenue. Upon arrival, police found that a verbal altercation had occurred between a husband and wife. Police were able to handle the situation on-scene.
- Police received a report about a bike that was removed from the rear of a residence along Daisy Street.
- Police arrested a male for the suspicion of DUI after he was stopped along Reed Street. He was allegedly under the influence of a controlled substance.
- Police received a report about a disturbance on East Pine Street. Upon arrival, police found the female had struck the male. Both parties were intoxicated, police say. Charges were filed through the magistrate’s office.
- Police responded to a reported vehicle alarm on West Second Avenue. When police arrived on-scene, it wasn’t activated.
- Police received a report about a gun that was removed from a vehicle along South Sixth Street.
- Police arrested a male on Spruce Grove Lane because he had several active warrants through Clearfield and Jefferson counties. He was transported to the jail on the warrants.
- Police arrested a male along North Fourth Street because he had a warrant through the Clearfield County Sheriff’s Office. He was also allegedly in possession of drugs and drug paraphernalia. He was transported to the jail.
- On Friday police received a report from a DuBois man whose vehicle was hit and damaged by an unknown person while it was parked at Wal-Mart.
- Police received a report about a false alarm at the VA Clinic on Saturday.
- On Saturday police received a report about a red pick-up truck that stopped in traffic on the Bee Line Highway. Officers checked the area and could not locate the vehicle.
- On Saturday police received a report from a 31-year-old Sandy Township man who stated that he was being harassed on a public Facebook post by a known woman from Brockway.
- On Saturday police received a report about a man who was pointing a crossbow at traffic in the area of Clear Run and Hetrick roads. However, the man was gone prior to police arrival.
- On Sunday Treasure Lake Security turned over a white and red Corgi that had been running loose in Treasure Lake. The dog was returned to its owner.