- Police reported on a drug-related incident that occurred Tuesday at the Lawrence Township Rec Park. During routine patrol, an officer observed a vehicle exit the park after hours. The park is properly posted for “no trespassing after dark,” and so police initiated a traffic stop. The male driver was known to officers due to prior incidents and was asked for consent to search his vehicle, which he denied. Ultimately officers contacted a K-9 unit, at which point the driver allegedly admitted there were items of drug paraphernalia inside the vehicle; a subsequent search of his vehicle confirmed this. Charges will be filed against the driver.
- Police received a report about an incident of burglary/theft that occurred at a camp Sept. 7 on Little Medix Road. According to police, the victim found his camp door had been kicked in. Once inside, he discovered that two flat screen televisions, two tool boxes and multiple clothing items had allegedly been stolen. The suspects are unknown at this time.
- Police received a report about a landlord-tenant issue. Upon arrival, police determined that it was civil in nature.
- Police received a report about a suspicious male in the area of Fredericka and Grandview avenues. A witness told police she had observed the male standing in the tree line to watch her. He then fled the area and she left to contact police. Upon arrival, police were unable to locate the male.
- Police received a report about an incident of theft that occurred at a Swoope Street residence. During the incident, someone allegedly stole an item from a female’s apartment. Police are continuing their investigation at this time.
- Police received a report about drug paraphernalia at the Curwensville Commons. Upon arrival, police located a syringe in the parking lot. Police took possession of the syringe and it was disposed of properly.