State police at DuBois
- State police are investigating a hit-and-run crash that occurred Aug. 27 on Game School Road in Snyder Township. According to the report, a truck struck a mailbox and knocked it over; then, it fled the scene. The truck sustained damage to its passenger’s side, including knocking off its mirror. It also had damage to its smoke vent visor, located on its front passenger window, and to its rear tail light. It was last seen being driven away with its tail light dangling from its rear. State police say the truck is either blue or gray in color, and it’s lifted with a loud exhaust. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-371-4652.
- Police received a report about a theft from a motor vehicle that occurred Aug. 25 in the Plaza Drive parking lot. During the incident, someone allegedly stole numerous items, including a firearm, from inside while the owners’ vehicle was unattended. Anyone with information is asked to contact the township police.
- Police reported on a drug-related incident Wednesday at the Clearfield-Area Junior Senior High School. During the incident, a female juvenile was allegedly in possession of marijuana and paraphernalia. Charges will be filed against her through Juvenile Probation.
- Police reported on a drug-related incident that occurred Thursday on Park Avenue Extension. According to police, a traffic stop was conducted due to an expired registration. Upon investigation, it was found a male passenger had an active warrant for his arrest and was allegedly in possession of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia. Police say a search of the vehicle yielded more drug paraphernalia. The male was lodged in county jail and both males will have charges filed against them.
- Police reported on an incident of DUI that occurred Friday on Route 879 near 879 Auto. According to police, a vehicle was stopped after various traffic violations and it was found the male driver was under the influence of alcohol. Upon investigation, police determined he was impaired to the degree that he was incapable of operating a vehicle in a safe manner. The male was transported to the hospital for a legal blood draw and charges are currently pending.
- Police reported on an incident of DUI that occurred Thursday on Route 879. According to police, a vehicle was stopped due to having a suspended registration plate. Upon approaching the driver, it was determined that he was allegedly under the influence of controlled substance(s). However, he refused to provide a blood sample and was lodged in county jail on a 48-hour detainer due to his level of impairment. Charges are currently pending at this time.