State police at DuBois
- State police reported that a handgun was found July 25 in the 3200 block of Moore Bridge Road in Warsaw Township. Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 814-371-4652.
State police at Punxsutawney
- State police received a report about an incident of harassment that occurred Tuesday at the Jefferson County Jail. During the incident, an inmate – a 26-year-old Punxsutawney woman, punched another inmate – a 29-year-old Corsica woman – twice with a closed fist. Charges will be filed through the district court.
- Police received a report about a group of young teens walking from the Juniata parking lot and down the roadway. Upon arrival, police circled the area a few times but were unable to locate anyone. Police cleared the area without incident.
- Police received a noise complaint that occurred on East Long Avenue. A caller told police his neighbor was pounding on his wall, but he was quiet when police arrived on scene. Police advised him of the complaint and asked him to quiet down.
- Police responded to a reported burglary alarm at the Choice gas station. Upon arrival, police learned it was an alarm malfunction.
- Police received a report about a possible drunk driver. A witness told police a male was drinking in a pick-up truck at Family Dollar. The caller further said that the male drove away but came back on foot; he wasn’t any longer drinking a beer. Police located the vehicle in a driveway off Fuller Avenue. It was unoccupied and no further action was taken.