State police at Philipsburg
- State police received a report about a Protection from Abuse order violation that occurred Wednesday at a South Front Street residence in Philipsburg Borough. During the incident, a 26-year-old Pleasant Gap man allegedly violated an active PFA order. State police are continuing their investigation at this time.
- Police received a report about an incident of public drunkenness Thursday at Q Care, located on River Road, in Lawrence Township. According to police, a 58-year-old Clearfield man was inside the facility and believed to be under the influence. Upon arrival, police found that the man was “visibly intoxicated” and he was removed from the premises. Police released the man into the care of a responsible person, and a citation is currently pending against him.
- Police received a report about a retail theft that occurred Wednesday at the Label Shopper in Lawrence Township. During the incident, a female suspect allegedly took multiple clothing items without paying for them. Employees were able to provide police with a vehicle description and registration number. Officers responded to the registered address on Guinea Hill Road, and identified the suspect as a Clearfield woman. While searching for stolen merchandise, police located suspected methamphetamine. Charges are currently pending at this time.
- Police received a report about a theft from a motor vehicle that occurred Thursday on Poplar Avenue in Lawrence Township. During the incident, someone allegedly took a wallet and mortar fireworks – valued at $50 – from a vehicle. Police say that the wallet contained a debit card and the victim’s driver’s license.
- On Wednesday police received information about a wanted fugitive from New York who was being housed in county jail. Charges of arrest prior to requisition have been filed for extradition.
- Police responded to a motor vehicle accident Thursday in the area of the Rockton Mountain Highway and Mill Road. According to police, a vehicle had been traveling down Rockton Mountain when the driver lost control. His vehicle went off the roadway and into the parking lot at the Florian Banquet Center. The driver was suspected of being under the influence and administered field sobriety tests. He was taken to the hospital for a blood test and then put in county jail with charges pending.