- On 06/16/2018 at approximately 11:00pm, two Officers from the Clearfield Borough Police Department conducted a vehicle stop after observing a traffic violation on Cemetery Road within the Clearfield Borough. Police located a known wanted male inside the vehicle and arrested him on the active warrants through the Clearfield County Sheriff’s Department and PA State Parole. Police observed indicators that the 30 year old female driver was under the influence of controlled substances. Field sobriety tests were conducted and the female was transported to Penn Highlands Clearfield for a blood draw.
- Police requested the assistance of a State Police K9 Trooper at the scene. After the K9 alerted to the presence of controlled substances in the vehicle, a search was conducted. Police located numerous items of paraphernalia and pills within the vehicle. Police also seized a black safe that the K9 alerted to. Police subsequently obtained a search warrant for the safe and located approximately 50grams or 1.6 ounces of suspected methamphetamine within the safe. Police also seized suspected crack cocaine, heroin, and items of paraphernalia as a result of the search. The suspected methamphetamine has a street value of approximately $8,000.Charges are pending further investigation and lab results. Lawrence Township Police and a State Police K9 Trooper assisted with the traffic stop.
- The Clearfield Borough Police ask citizens to continue to report suspected drug activity and to call 814-765-7819 to report suspicious activity.
- Police are investigating the theft of a Thinkpad laptop from a Daisy Street residence. The investigation continues.
State Police at Clearfield
- Police were called to the Sheetz in Decatur Township for a vehicle that was parked at the pumps for over an hour. Contact was made with the occupants and found the front passenger to be in possession of suspected marijuana.
- Police conducted a traffic stop at the Fuel-on in Houtzdale for several summary violations. Signs of drug activity were detected and consent was granted for a search of the vehicle. The search yielded a small amount of methamphetamine, three bags of heroin, numerous pills, marijuana, six cell phones and drug paraphernalia. Charges are to be filed.