Brady Township was organized in 1826. Prior to that, an early Indian trail, called the Shamokin Path, passed through the township here.
Used by warriors of the Shawnee and Iroquois nations and by the Delaware nation as they migrated west in the colonial period, Luthersburg was the site of an old campsite at the Big Spring where the trail forked leading into the northwest towards the Great Lakes.
It became known as Mead’s Trail, and then was the first commissioned turnpike through the wilderness called the Erie Pike.
James Woodside was an early settler in the area in 1785. Lebbeus Luther settled in 1820 and by 1831 the town had hotels, blacksmith shops, lumber mills, cobblers and a large pottery factory.